Any similar shoe or better than XIV???

I've tried on many basketball shoes but most of them fit real snug and has a lot of cushion that my feet feels real smothered. Most of them are even hard to put on because of all the cusion/padding. I want something that fits well right out of the box, like the XIV's. The XIV's are also low on the ground which I love but without sacrificing the comfort of the insole. The XIV's aren't bulky at all either unlike the recent AJ's, Team Jordans, LBJ line, etc...

I was just curious, what shoes that are out right now can compare or be better than the XIV in terms of:

Fit = not as much cushion but still comfortable right out of the box
Weight = real light, feels almost like nothing
Traction = has the best grip whether playing indoors or outdoors, it is also very low to the ground
Ankle Support = it's not the best in this department but I never had problems and not constricting

I play a PG and SG positions if it helps. Thanks.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
Hes weak Hes unsure of himself Hes a coward.
Clark Kent is Supermans critique on the whole human race.
SARTORIALIST

Zoom Kobe I
Better traction, better fit, better cushioning=better shoe! Plus for under 50 bucks.
I switched from the XIV which, as seen in this pic, was my favorite. I play the same position as you do.

^^^ That's a lot of XIV up there. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Any online retailers/website thats still selling Kobe I's? Stores in my area are all out of it. Thanks.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

you can also try the Zoom Kobe 2.

great guard shoes :pimp:
pimp.gif

love is taking the air less travelled.

ZK1 is a great suggestion. the are great shoes for guards. the only problem i have with them is they have no arch support at all, which is a problem for me cuz i have a very high arch. sizing is weird on these as they fit very big. i would say go either a half or whole size down from regular. i'm between a 10 and a 10.5 and got a 9.5 in the ZK1. haven't tried the ZK2s yet so i can't say but i plan on picking up a pair soon, maybe i'll get IDs.

another suggestion is the Zoom BB which come out on thursday. i haven't tried these yet personally but they've gotten glowing reviews from those who got them early. i'm also a light (6'0 160 lbs) guard and we seem to be looking for the same things, from what people have said about them they seem perfect for guards. they've been said to be low to the ground, responsive cushioning, extremely light, great traction. i'm very excited to play in these.

also, Air Zoom Generations/Lebron 1s are very similar in design and performance to the XIVs. they aren't quite as low to the ground but they provide a bit more cushioning.

Thanks for the tip. I've been eye-ing those Zoom BB and I am considering that as my next basketball shoe.

AZG's might be difficult to find now and I still need to try ZK1 and ZK2 although they look ind of bulky. I'll still give it a shot and maybe get a ZK2 on the next F&F.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

ZK I doesn't play bulky at all. There is more cushioning feel to it than the ZKII. You can call some outlets to see if they have the ZK1 still. Ebay has a lot as well. Zoom BB will hit the outlets so why pay full retail now ?

don't really want to hijack this thread, but i'm doing some research on whether the OG XIVs perform and feel better, or the Retro version. Your evaluation should include durability too.

Since i see that RFX45 and Schwollo
Anybody willing to ID Kobe II, and then send them to Canada?, PM me for fee​

You can try the lebron IV's man those joints are comfy.. you can try the air max 360 b Ball edition.
or the nike air STAT
LOOK AT MY EBAY AUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - Lasme - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Wright

Quote:
i'm doing some research on whether the OG XIVs perform and feel better, or the Retro version. Your evaluation should include durability too.

Performance-wise, they are pretty similar but the OG fits a bit better than the retros. It feels like the retro XIV's leather stretched a bit so it doesn't feel as snug and needed the laces to be tighten more. Then again I've played in the wht/red XIV's from the OG and the blk/slvr suede for the retro so maybe the leather difference is what made it stretch out more. As for durability though, it's also about the same. I've been playing in the retro for a while now and still in a decent condition. I just haven't found the right shoe that could stand with it so I haven't switched yet.

Quote:
You can try the lebron IV's man those joints are comfy.. you can try the air max 360 b Ball edition. or the nike air STAT

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

the jordan xiv is one of my all time favourite. the complet package. i love this shoe. you can try the kobe i or zoom legend ( which is similiar to the kobe i but without carbon fiber but lighter than the kobe 1)! i also like and1 shoes like the and1 rebel or lockdown. both good guards shoes. ultra light, low to ground and good traction. cushion and stability couldnt compete with the xiv.
but why switch shoes when you got the jordan xiv???

My XIV's are getting real worn out. This the 4th one I've played to death with. I have another pair but I don't want to use it up to much, maybe just play with it once in a while. So in the meantime, I need a replacement that could compare to the XIV's. Does the Zoom Legend really perform as well as ZK1? I see on sale most of the time and I wouldn't mind trying it out if i can get it for around $40 or less.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

OG XIV's fit better but it really depends on your foot shape. If you have wider feet, go retro XIV.
Traction on the ZK1 is BETTER than the XIV.
Fit is different with the ZK1..I feel the XIV has a tighter fit but the ZK1 fits more like a sock..not overly constricting.
I have over 15 pairs of ZK1s...tells you how much I believe in them. I wore the XIV's for over 5 yrs prior to switching.

I agree, LBJ IV are too bulky. Unless you are a heavy guard, avoid it. Plus they look really odd when you are actually wearing them..kind of like clown shoes.

^^ How would you compare the Zk1 with the Zk2? I'm just curious since Zk2's are easier to get right now.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

Quote:
How would you compare the Zk1 with the Zk2? I'm just curious since Zk2's are easier to get right now.

ZK2's have more court feel but less cushioning. Feels almost like nike Free's. Damn good shoe as well but not worth the price right now. Fit is better than ZK1

^^^ Thanks. Shoe is still pricey at $110 but I could see it going for $90 soon and with F&F coming every month, paying around $65 for a pair of Zk2 isn't so bad.

Thanks again, I'm seriously considering the Zk1 if I can find it, Zk2 once the price drops again and the Zoom BB when it goes on sale later on.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

i have played in the Jordan XIV and they are one of my fav shoes.. i personally would go with the AZK tho.. such a good shoe.. my all time fav soo far.. i have the kobe2 shoes .. and they are good but i havn't worn them enough to say that their better then the AZK1.. i still personally think the AZK1 are better

so right now on my list of all time fav

azk1
jordan XIV
kobe2 or JordanXXI

Back
Top Bottom