Anybody dress young for their age? Vol. Im a grown a** kid

I am 26 but look 20. I wear snapbacks, vans, jordans, etc and basically dress like your typical NTer. Soooo basically I'm too old to be dressing the way I do but I really don't care.

Own one pair of sneakers, last of collection theyre from 2008.

I wear slacks, button downs and sweaters...9-5 stuff, never know where I'd run into a client so I'm always dressed up.

Never gave it much thought, just kinda grew up one day and never looked back.

im 23, lately i been dressing more casual. I had a dilemma similar to that of yours OP although no one addressed me on anything I just started feeling weird wearing snapbacks and stuff like that. I do occasionally throw one on during my bum days though and some sneakers, lounging around the house or just heading out for groceries.

I'm 26.... and on some days I still dress like I did when I was in HS. Sometimes I really wonder though about how I dress, I mean I don't LOOK 26... why should I have to start dressing like an older woman even though I don't look it? I got the arms to pull off wife-beaters and in the summertime dammit, that's what I'mma wear. And I'll keep on wearing them until I don't have the arms for them. I wear short shorts because I have the legs for them, so on and so forth.

Maybe things will change once I hit 30.

Today to go grocery shopping I had on jeans, navy blue speed turfs, and a flannel Polo hoody :smh: :smh: :smh:

brightly colored kicks only look childish when you're wearing them with that same scheme all of your body. if i'm rocking some loud shoes, it's usually with a grey hoodie or a black tee or something. as for graphic shirts, only ones i really wear nowadays are band shirts and stuff like that d&g tyson tee except not 3 grand.

I'm 26.... and on some days I still dress like I did when I was in HS. Sometimes I really wonder though about how I dress, I mean I don't LOOK 26... why should I have to start dressing like an older woman even though I don't look it? I got the arms to pull off wife-beaters and in the summertime dammit, that's what I'mma wear. And I'll keep on wearing them until I don't have the arms for them. I wear short shorts because I have the legs for them, so on and so forth.

Maybe things will change once I hit 30.

Today to go grocery shopping I had on jeans, navy blue speed turfs, and a flannel Polo hoody :smh: :smh: :smh:
damn girl, whats yo real name? and not yo username?

im 26 and work web dev at an office with 6 guys in an industrial part of town so need to dress in slacks and button up shirt like the downtowners do. not even jeans and polo. i can go in my pajamas if i wanted to.

my style right now is street casual topman ish with low black chucks rolled up chinos or jeans and ****. i look like a college kid but whatever. seeing suits is cool and all but i would be sweating my *** off everyday if i had to wear that ****.

I think "dress" for ages has changed quite a bit... I mean you can see somebody who is mid 30s, 40s that may still dress with the elements of a younger person (jeans, kicks, etc.) But how they put it together may be different (usually in how the clothes fit, and how the outfit is color coordinated, given that younger people are obsessed with "matching")

im 30 but wear hoodies and fitteds... i just like to dress comfortable... sure i have button ups, rugbys and polos but like i said i dress to be comfortable... funny you bring this up when i got casual friday tomorrow :lol:

I look up to people like Pharrell who can dress like a child despite being 50 years old. So of course I do. That will never change. I turn 24 in May and currently taking the CPA Exam. So I only suit up for work.
bape-winter08-catalog-081.jpg

That's how I will be when I am that age

I look up to people like Pharrell who can dress like a child despite being 50 years old. So of course I do. That will never change. I turn 24 in May and currently taking the CPA Exam. So I only suit up for work.
bape-winter08-catalog-081.jpg

That's how I will be when I am that age

Pharells not even 40 yet :lol: . What you talkin bout 50

I'm in a suit 5 days out of the week. Come the weekend it's cargo shorts, graphic tees and sneakers...it's damn comfortable. I don't really care if I dress like a child tbh.

Last edited:
You guys think fitteds are for young folk? Not snap backs but fitteds and only teams you like

Back
Top Bottom