Anybody Else Find Allen Iverson's Name Here Weird ......

maybe weird aint the best word but i had no idea he was that beloved :lol:

Post Jordan Era...as far as basketball goes...who else could you even possibly name? Maybe Shaq...but big mean are traditionally not as adorned as smaller guys. Kobe? No. Lebron? No.

AI was THE icon in the 2000s...and David Stern couldn't stand it.

He Was a staple of my childhood and will always be appreciated. He's one of the reasons i ever picked up a basketball. He is one of the GOATS. Wish he won a ring :smh: I also wish he could have swallowed his ego and found a way to be productive off the bench.

Favorite athletes with no Boston affiliation in order:

Iverson
Mike Vick
Griffey Jr.

He Was a staple of my childhood and will always be appreciated. He's one of the reasons i ever picked up a basketball. He is one of the GOATS. Wish he won a ring
mean.gif
I also wish he could have swallowed his ego and found a way to be productive off the bench.

All of This..

i only say weird because i see how 50/50 it is with AI .

what i mean is u either loved his style of play or u hated it. i loved it, but i know people who couldn't stand it.

i just found it interesting how his name came up on a list with these guys , honestly he would've never came to mind for me personally. nothing against him but i would've never thought he was this highly regarded.

it is family fued so i can't make too big a deal out of it :lol:

My childhood basketball god first jersey I ever owned begged for it for christmans, my parents had the audacity to get me Vince Carter :smh: had to get them to return it, got the blue sixer jersey instead.

AllenIverson.jpg

as I've gotten older I kind of have realized that he was never really that good, had no business winning that MVP award either but still doesn't take away the childhood memories. :pimp:

I always wanted to grow my hair as a kid, get a big fro, I wonder why? :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:

Just thought it was only right for me to post. But after Jordan hes my favorite player ever. Just because I always looked up to him because he was short (compared to the league) and was doin people up on a nightly basis. Which is how I am when I play ball (not to AIs level but im usually one of the shorter guys on the court)

My childhood basketball god first jersey I ever owned begged for it for christmans, my parents had the audacity to get me Vince Carter :smh: had to get them to return it, got the blue sixer jersey instead.

AllenIverson.jpg

as I've gotten older I kind of have realized that he was never really that good, had no business winning that MVP award either but still doesn't take away the childhood memories. :pimp:

I always wanted to grow my hair as a kid, get a big fro, I wonder why? :lol: :pimp:

what? fall alll the way back fam

AllenIverson.jpg

RIP for insulting a NT god

Never going to see a sub 6'2 scoring guard be that successful ever again. When those imitation acts pop up now their best case scenario is always instant offense off the bench, and that's if they can even make the NBA. This man had entire offenses play through him and do so on an annual playoff team.

But yeah this doesn't surprise me. We're mostly 25ish and under on here and do you ever remember a peer of yours NOT liking AI? probably not.

Don't mistake me ai is still a hall of famer, im just saying Shaq not winning the mvp in a 30, 12, 3, blocks and 4 assists? Thats crazy. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom