Anybody else planning to file your own taxes this year?

Always wanted to learn, figured I'd try at least once but I don't know if it will make a difference in terms of maximizing my return if I let someoneelse do it, or if I can just try to learn some key things. Any pointers? And anyone else doing their own taxes this year chime in.

I did mine last year. Its really not that hard but im still a youngin with no dependents or much else so its pretty straightforward.

^You think doing it yourself is a hustle, when the tax places take so much in comparison. It's not that hard at all. I've been doing my own since Istarted working and haven't "hustled myself" once.

turbo tax ftw!!!!

Ever since I started working, I have always used it. A lot of my friends are lazy and take it to HR Block and get ripped off. I just want to understand howthe taxes that apply to me work. Some of the questions just boggle my mind.

I also heard that you can make an appointment with one of your local libraries and do your taxes there for free. One of my co-workers does that.

I used turbotax and am very satisfied. I didn't hustle myself as I paid $25 for software and $20 to e-file. compare that with hr block and others and Icame up. just answer the questions EASY

My Economics class in high school did offered a free tax service so the students could get practice, from what I heard there were no issues and it was prettyeasy. The IRS has a free service in my city (max income limit though) so I usually use that. This yr I used HR Block cause I needed that money quick! Thosefees did hurt though..

I've only used turbo tax. I havent tried any of the other sites. Even though there are certain packages on turbo tax, I always use the free one, sinceits easy to fill out. HR Block can charge anywhere for 30-100 or whatever. Im not quite sure, it depends. One of my coworkers had it done for $35(independent, 20 year old), another for over $100( 60 years old w/ family) but it all depends. I am not very knowledgable on this subject whatsoever, juststating observations I have made over a few years.

I should start looking into taxes though. I want to understand exactly what everything means. It frustrates me every year.

I took consumer math in high school and they showed us how to do it so I been doing mine ever since I started working. It isnt hard because I don't make alot of money and I don't have many deductions since I don't own anything yet.

Yeah, when the deductions come is when everything will get complicated for me. Taxes arent as bad as filling out the FAFSA though.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

its really not that hard unless you a corporation or something lol

yeah..unless you own some stocks or bonds and stuff like that you might need a tax preparer...i use h & r block free file..no charge..

unless you have a complicated financial situation...doing it yourself is way easy... hell.. most of you would probably qualify for the 1040EZ

Ive had my done by HR block for the last two years and they charged $80 each time, i no dependents, i still lived with my parents but this year im preparingthem myself.

Like Dirty said, 1040EZ is your friend...

This is the first year I'm doing all my own tax work, but I can't use the EZ form.

Pray for me.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom