Anybody ever see a Corkscrew like this?

My buddy just launched his kickstarter project, which is a new twist to the original corkscrew and would like any feedback you could give, the target market is the 24+ age group who have a more loose budget and wine connoisseurs.

I told him it was a good idea for that high end market and it would be a great gift idea since the only other corkscrew I thought was cool was the Corkpop (the one that you have to reload co2 cartridges) for it to keep popping bottles.

Thanks in advance for the feedback! 8)

34f367fe29e43fa80039fc334775d132_large.jpg

b286d5f9586af5ac81b439e38bae17ee_large.jpg

I'm not a wine drinker but that looks like a nice idea. IMO, the design needs to be refined a bit to look more like a high end glass with a finish on the bottom since they will be seeing that when opening the bottle. If it's possible to make the glass all the same color too (instead of two-toned) I think that would be a nice refining touch since you're targeting a high end market.

No joke, but if that design is his original idea i think its SICK. That seems like something you would see on Shark Tank. :smokin

I like it. But i would love to use it to see how easy it is to use before I bought one.

Your boy better check the patents. I had a similar design patented a couple years back.

Last edited:
lol the patents are good my guy... but thanks we are at 40% of our $10,000 pledge goal for the kickstarter project and only started 3 days ago!!! appreciate all the feedback

im a 24 yr old who likes wine and knows a decent amount but wouldnt consider myself a connoisseur just yet.

my rambling opinion

packaging is dope
the colors scream 21-24 age group because it somewhat mimics the coloring of the labels for the more "hipster" wine labels that you would tend to find in the

You need to holla at Retro707. He's a manager at a winery in Napa so he should be able to give you some good insight. I do like what I see and I agree with crc about the two tone. I do wonder if u should target an older group. I don't really see many 24-30 yr olds buying it. I think your customers will mostly be housewives. Something that's fun to show their friends. I would def cop as a present for someone tho. I think if it was made solid n not a cheap novelty product I would pay $25-$30 for it.

Last edited:
Anybody ever see a Corkscrew like this?
yes

:lol:

Looks cool but the colors are hideous.

OP, assuming you're involved with this project, less is more. Focus on quality instead of quantity. These look like god damn Christmas tree ornaments.

Edit: My original comment was on just the aesthetics. After reading how it's used, I don't think this is going to sell well. There are things that do the same task much more efficiently and for a lot less. Not to mention, you can get this for ~$40:

81B0CufHMIL._SL1500_.jpg

that looks badass

just wanted to thank everybody for their feedback.. it has been 2 weeks since the kickstarter has launched and we've raised $9000+ out of the $10,000 goal :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Back
Top Bottom