Anybody ever use Craigslist to repair something in their house?

So I just moved into a new place, bought a new 65 inch tv and wanna get it mounted with all the wiring concealed in the wall. Best Buy is trying to charge close to $400, some other store I went to about the same.

So I check out craigslist and see multiple different ads for mounting and installing. I call a few and they all range from $125-200. Good idea? Bad idea? Just kinda worried about letting a stranger into my house, and I don't even know if/how good of a job they do.

Any of you guys ever used craigslist for stuff inside your home? Anybody in so cal know a good/reasonable handy man?

Good. I use craiglist all the time. You don't have any friends that can help you ?

Good. I use craiglist all the time. You don't have any friends that can help you ?
I just want it done right. If it was a small/smaller tv I might try I wing it, but being a huge tv and it going in my living room, I want it done right

It's ok, personally I wouldn't do it, don't want a random stranger in my house

So I just moved into a new place, bought a new 65 inch tv and wanna get it mounted with all the wiring concealed in the wall. Best Buy is trying to charge close to $400, some other store I went to about the same.

So I check out craigslist and see multiple different ads for mounting and installing. I call a few and they all range from $125-200. Good idea? Bad idea? Just kinda worried about letting a stranger into my house, and I don't even know if/how good of a job they do.

Any of you guys ever used craigslist for stuff inside your home? Anybody in so cal know a good/reasonable handy man?

A house is an investment. You want the job done right and not end up being something that you have to correct down the road due to cutting corners. Try Yelp or Angie's List to see if there are local installers (or handymen) who would do the job that actually have reviews on previous work. IMO, you're taking an extreme risk by finding someone to do this over CL.

Last edited:
Man i had some rear axle something fixed.. messed up, or just didnt do it right.. Had to go to the dealership

NOT a house story, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Basically what JJs said. Plus I wouldn't want a stranger from CL in my home.

Are they local businesses putting ads up? Are they providing some type of warranty in case of improper installation? Why not just check local business listings for home entertainment installations?

CL will have smaller business/independent contractors that are very reputable. You just gotta use solid judgement. If you see them post something on CL but cant find anything about them anywhere else on the net, prolly want to steer clear.

If you can find their info posted in various places on the net, they probably have a decent amount to lose and are legit at least to some degree

Back
Top Bottom