Anybody here lived with their best friend in college?

Just wanna know what your experience was like...one of my good friends from high school is getting an apartment with me and gonna go to the local community college up here. I lived with a random roommate my first year and it wasn't bad at all. I heard living with a good friend will really test your relationship with them though since you have to put up with them 24/7 365.

Just wanna know what your experience was like...one of my good friends from high school is getting an apartment with me and gonna go to the local community college up here. I lived with a random roommate my first year and it wasn't bad at all. I heard living with a good friend will really test your relationship with them though since you have to put up with them 24/7 365.

DONT DO IT, once you do you start hating each other and your friendship gets all $%%!%* up. I watched it happen my freshman year.

DONT DO IT, once you do you start hating each other and your friendship gets all $%%!%* up. I watched it happen my freshman year.

Originally Posted by spincv

Already signed the lease...can't do anything now but hope for the best
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spincv

Already signed the lease...can't do anything now but hope for the best
laugh.gif

Do it with a good friend, close friend, a guy thats friend of a friend.
Never with your best friend though brobro.

Do it with a good friend, close friend, a guy thats friend of a friend.
Never with your best friend though brobro.

it can be a good thing. i live with my best friend now (although it's in a house with 3 of our other close friends) and everything's cool.

it can be a good thing. i live with my best friend now (although it's in a house with 3 of our other close friends) and everything's cool.

I lived with my best friend (we've known each other since we were 6 years old) during the last two years of my college career and we don't talk anymore...

I lived with my best friend (we've known each other since we were 6 years old) during the last two years of my college career and we don't talk anymore...

Originally Posted by SKYFLYDUl

it all comes down to holding your own end. respect each others property and space

this...

don't eat his stuff if thats not what ya'll agree on...dont' be offended if he wants to go in his room and close the door for a few days...

i would never live w/my bff...we spend the weekend together and thats to much for us...we do better far apart

Originally Posted by SKYFLYDUl

it all comes down to holding your own end. respect each others property and space

this...

don't eat his stuff if thats not what ya'll agree on...dont' be offended if he wants to go in his room and close the door for a few days...

i would never live w/my bff...we spend the weekend together and thats to much for us...we do better far apart

I wouldn't. A friend and I were supposed to room together in college because she had a really great housing lottery number, and we decided last minute not to do it. She lived with a mutual friend the year prior, and they stopped talking a good two weeks after moving in together. In my experience, some friendships can handle cohabitation, but most can't.

I would only do it if I didn't care about the friendship ending on petty terms.

Back
Top Bottom