Anybody own a vehicle with a Salvaged Title?

I made a thread asking for opinions on a Benz C230 last week. Over the weekend I test drove one at Carmax and it was way to small for me. I also tried a Cadillac CTS. This was a little better, but still too small. Then on the dealer's insistence, I tried a Cadillac STS. It was much better. Also well out of my price range. When I got home on Sunday I did a search on Ebay for STS's for sale in my city and lo and behold, there was one a couple blocks away. However, it has a salvaged title so it's VERY cheap. So back to the reason for my post....does anyone here own a car with a salvaged title? Can you get full coverage insurance? The one I'm looking at had cosmetic damage on the backend that did not effect the suspension and the air bags did not deploy. Here is a pic 2005 Cadillac STS.

334m2ax.jpg

1. Call your insurance company to see what they say about insuring it.
2. Have a mechanic at a body shop inspect it to see if the frame is straight
3. Depending on the first two run like hell or buy.

Edit: Also make sure you know exactly why it has that title, was it just involved in a rear end or is it something else?

dont do it.....you dont know how bad the accident was.....unless you are a mechanic or trust one, I would stay away...

I'll also mention that I'm not an idiot. I'm not buying it sight unseen. I'm meeting with the guy to test drive it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Edit: Also make sure you know exactly why it has that title, was it just involved in a rear end or is it something else?

This.

Also if this is your daily drive, then most likely this is not a good idea. From stories i've heard and family/friend experience... it's a lot more expensive and in the future when you decide to sell it... you definitely won't get much.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Came here to post this.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom