Anybody work at Best Buy?? Vol. BS extended warranties

So I bought a 37 inch LG LCD less than 2 years ago and got the 4 year warranty to go along with it.

So about a year ago I notice the tv randomly shutting off, but immidiately turning on automatically right after. It has gotten worse and occuring more often now, but still at random times.
I call geek squad and tell them the situation. They say since if it's 32"> they must come out to your house. So I'm like cool, I don't have to unplug everything and take it to the store.

Then the geek says I'd they can't find a problem they're gonna charge me for the visit. I'm like huh!? I thought that's why I paid for the insurance/warranty? They claim that I will get charged if the random problem doesn't happen when the tech is here.

Anybody know what options I have? Can I just drop it off at the store with a dumb geek?

So I bought a 37 inch LG LCD less than 2 years ago and got the 4 year warranty to go along with it.

So about a year ago I notice the tv randomly shutting off, but immidiately turning on automatically right after. It has gotten worse and occuring more often now, but still at random times.
I call geek squad and tell them the situation. They say since if it's 32"> they must come out to your house. So I'm like cool, I don't have to unplug everything and take it to the store.

Then the geek says I'd they can't find a problem they're gonna charge me for the visit. I'm like huh!? I thought that's why I paid for the insurance/warranty? They claim that I will get charged if the random problem doesn't happen when the tech is here.

Anybody know what options I have? Can I just drop it off at the store with a dumb geek?

Video Record the problem for your defense. If there is indeed a problem with your set it will be noticeable when the tech opens your TV up...

Video Record the problem for your defense. If there is indeed a problem with your set it will be noticeable when the tech opens your TV up...

TVs should have a service plan unless that much has changed in the 18 months since I left.

They should have sent it in to the service center to be checked, and they go from there.

TVs should have a service plan unless that much has changed in the 18 months since I left.

They should have sent it in to the service center to be checked, and they go from there.

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

next time buy your warranty at squaretrade.com. Its cheaper and they dont give you any BS.

pimp.gif

I had them come out for one of my plasma tv's. They serviced it fast. And had they not been able to fix it, they were going to swap my tv out for a like model. I have no problems with my BB extended warranty. I never got that, "if they come out and they don't find anything they will charge you" bs.

Like someone said, video tape the tv shutting off randomly so you can cover yourself.

I had them come out for one of my plasma tv's. They serviced it fast. And had they not been able to fix it, they were going to swap my tv out for a like model. I have no problems with my BB extended warranty. I never got that, "if they come out and they don't find anything they will charge you" bs.

Like someone said, video tape the tv shutting off randomly so you can cover yourself.

Mr Jordan04,

Were you able to get your 37" LG LCD serviced to your satisfaction? As Best Buy's third party administrator, we take complete responsibility for your negative experience. Delivering outstanding customer care has been our number one priority for over 26 years and a commitment we make with each and every customer.

We would like to ensure that this issue is resolved for you. Since we are unable to identify your contact information through this site, please contact us at NEWcares@newcorp.com.

NEW Customer Service Companies

Back
Top Bottom