Anyone ball in the CP3 yet?

I have been waiting for an updated review on the CP3's for a while now. Is anyone playing in these? I am on the fence and could use more info. Theblack/orion blue is
pimp.gif
!

Here's mine.

Quality: 4/5 - The has so many details that accent the high quality of the multitude of materials used. The "Mardi Gras" CW is the best to see allthe nice touches. The suede is soft and the tongue has a nice texture. The sockliner is ok but I have learned that most shoe performs best with the stocksockliner (like a Porshe withe stock tires versus aftermarket rims) until it bottoms out. The is a achilles pad that is a gift and a curse, sometimes itbothers me sometimes it doesn't (weird). Overall I was happy with purchase until I walked around the house in them, then I almost returned them becauseI'm used to the step-in comfort of Lebron's or Kobe's. This shoe doesn't have that because they weren't built to be casual, they shine forgame time!

Cushioning: 4/5 - Zoom in the forfoot is great, and the DHIP in the heel is firm but not hard. I think the DHIP responds even faster than Zoom since there isno bounce and allows you to plant and move without any wasted motion or energy. They allow you to make quick cuts with reckless abandon. I only took a pointoff since I get shin splints, so I want as much cushioning as possible!

Traction: 5/5 - The shoe is grippy inside and out, it may even be better outdoors. It has extra grip points on the toe and the heel because CP drags his feet.The outrigger is excellent also for strong plants and change of direction. More grip then the KobeIV's and LBJVI's.

Style: 3/5 - The style is ok but some cw's really look better than others, the patent leather is great for durability (but the crease ishorrible)
frown.gif
. The main reason I took points off is that thisshoe doesn't look that good off the court IMO. I have only worn mine once casually but when I look down at me feet they look so narrow. This shoe was meantfor performance.

Durability: 4/5 - This shoe holds up well especially in the black CW. The patent leather and deep traction grooves are a plus.

Conclusion: 16/20 - Excellent shoe! There are a zillion CW's and IMO they are great for PG/SG. Very light with smooth transition, makes you feel likemaking moves you usually don't and playing faster as well. My rotation is CP3's, Kobe IV's, and Lebron VI's. I thought the Kobe's were myfavorite until I got really bad shin splints after balling hard for 2 hours (I also have been running alot of trail miles, so that could be the cause too). Ilike the lockdown in the CP3's more plus there is almost zero lateral movement while cutting. If you are a slasher or serious ball handler this is yourJordan. (too bad I'm just a spot up shooter)
ohwell.gif

Thanks for the review. It was helpful. I'm really surprised that more people are not playing in these!

A couple of my friends ball in these and have nothing but good things to say about them. Both bought additional pairs after wearing them a few weeks.

Maybe it is just me, but the traction on mine was terrible. I tried to get them broke in but after, oh, two weeks and 20-25 hours of ballin, I gave up. Comfortis ok, I just cannot change directions in them. Anyone else had this problem?

i tore my acl hooping in these....
mad.gif

it was comfortable but the traction on these is horrible

i really liked the comfort of these but they were just too wide for me to play ball in. i tied these things soooo tight and my foot still had movement side toside.

I love this shoe. Great traction, cushioning and overall comfort. Only bad thing is the creasing.

just bought a pair.
not really feeling the DHIP in the heel, so stuck a heel zoom insert in instead.

Originally Posted by zoomkb24

Maybe it is just me, but the traction on mine was terrible. I tried to get them broke in but after, oh, two weeks and 20-25 hours of ballin, I gave up. Comfort is ok, I just cannot change directions in them. Anyone else had this problem?

I will admit, the traction is better outdoors than indoors IMHO.

Is the CP3 or CP3.II better?

I like the CP3 looks, but I would be using these as balling shoes if I got them. So performance>looks

Finally got around to playing in these today:
1_17.jpg

Comfort/Fit: 4.5/5 - Seeing as a lot of the upper of the shoe is patent leather, I was worried that there might be some discomfort while an initial"break-in" period passed but these were smooth, plush and flexible right out of the box. I also heard of some people having ventilation issues withthese shoes but my experience today did not confirm any such problem and the gym for our game today was really hot. The only reason these didnt get a 5 out of5 for this category is because one shoe felt a little 'looser' than the other (you should however, realize that almost every person has one foot biggerthan the other) but this looseness was not a problem at all (just laced the shoe a little tighter).

Cushioning: 4.8/5 - walking, jogging, dead sprint, big jump, jumpshots, lateral slides, any movement you might make in basketball and these performed well inthis department. The DHIP in the heel + forefoot zoom provides excellent support during any of these moves. My only concern would be long-term durability. In older basketball sneakers with foam-based midsoles, the foam wears down over time (which is why Nike came up with air bags which do not wear down nearly asmuch over time as foam alone). I'm not too familiar with DHIP (I've been trying to find some reading material on it) but I'm pretty sure its notsome form of air (otherwise they would've called it "air" something) and without this air bag, I would be weary of this DHIP not being asresponsive at some point down the road. By then of course, I'll be playing in something else so this is not that big of a concern.

Traction: 4.9/5 Let me start of by saying these are excellent in any stop and go, shake n bake, hard cut situation. The ONLY reason these arent 5/5 in thiscategory is because I don't get the "squeaky-squeaky" type traction which is just a personal preference of mine. Despite this, I was by no meansslipping and sliding around the court during any movements. The modified herringbone pattern on the outsole provides excellent traction.

Ankle Support: 5/5 I laced these up through the second to last hole (again my personal preference; I like my ankles to have a little freedom even thoughit's a midcut shoe). The padded foam collar around the collar as well as along the back of the foot (top of the achilles) provided great coverage for myankles and feet. I was never worried about tipping or turning my ankle as the subtle outriggers along the lateral forefoot as well as along the heel (bothlateral and medial side) provided a wider base for your feet and thus, a very stable feel underfoot.

Overall - I would say these are definitely a guard shoe (and perhaps slashing forwards) just based on the cushioning systems intact (and come on - its a shoedesigned for Chris Paul). With that being said, these are one of the best guard shoes I've played in for sometime. Cushioning was great to me compared tothe hyperdunks (which were a little on the "mushy" side) and overall support and fit were great. I had a great experience playing in these on thevery first run and a good shoe should be excellent right out of the box which these were. If you are looking for a great guard shoe, you cannot go wrong withthese. $118 isn't too big of a hit on the wallet and with F&F's pretty much every month now, you may be able to get these at a great price.

How about the original CP3's? I tried them on at a store and were very light & comfortable. Any reviews? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom