Anyone double major before?

I need to declare soon and i was thinking about Computer Science / English double major. I want to graduate at least close to on time and I'm not sure how tough the course load will be. Anyone doing it now or have experience with it?

I need to declare soon and i was thinking about Computer Science / English double major. I want to graduate at least close to on time and I'm not sure how tough the course load will be. Anyone doing it now or have experience with it?

I don't think an English major is worth it.  Maybe if it was business or something it would be.

I don't think an English major is worth it.  Maybe if it was business or something it would be.

Do what you want to... Plain and simple..

Don't worry bout the course load.. You could always drop a major if it becomes too overwhelming... If you want to do it, you should..

Do what you want to... Plain and simple..

Don't worry bout the course load.. You could always drop a major if it becomes too overwhelming... If you want to do it, you should..

Agreed with essential... you got to want and do it. comp sci is a tough major, coupled with english which is completely unrelated may be tough... i doubled in economics and politics at northwestern and it wasn't bad at all fwiw

Agreed with essential... you got to want and do it. comp sci is a tough major, coupled with english which is completely unrelated may be tough... i doubled in economics and politics at northwestern and it wasn't bad at all fwiw

i doubled in finance and econ at carnegie mellon univeristy... wasnt bad at all... its easier when you double in something that already has a lot of requirements for your other major (had to take a lot of econ classes for my finance major anyway)

i doubled in finance and econ at carnegie mellon univeristy... wasnt bad at all... its easier when you double in something that already has a lot of requirements for your other major (had to take a lot of econ classes for my finance major anyway)

Originally Posted by soltheman

You school has counselors, fam. Use them. 

pretty much best advice you will get in this thread. Most NTers dont know half of what they talk about go to someone who at least gets paid to tell you what to do.

Originally Posted by soltheman

You school has counselors, fam. Use them. 

pretty much best advice you will get in this thread. Most NTers dont know half of what they talk about go to someone who at least gets paid to tell you what to do.

Originally Posted by swizzc

This guy knows what's up.

Originally Posted by swizzc

This guy knows what's up.

I'm gonna go ahead and just dive in and do it. You guys are right, i shouldn't scare myself away from it, I wanna do it and so i should. Thanks.

I'm gonna go ahead and just dive in and do it. You guys are right, i shouldn't scare myself away from it, I wanna do it and so i should. Thanks.

I want to double major in Biology and Statistics but I feel like it could be over for my GPA if I did it. 
ohwell.gif

I want to double major in Biology and Statistics but I feel like it could be over for my GPA if I did it. 
ohwell.gif

^Depends on your work ethic and whether or not those departments at your school are notoriously rough. If you put the time into it, I'm sure you'll come out fine or even better than expected.

^Depends on your work ethic and whether or not those departments at your school are notoriously rough. If you put the time into it, I'm sure you'll come out fine or even better than expected.

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

ohwell.gif
It may differ by school but at mine you had to maintain like a 3.3 in order to double major.  If you work hard enough you can do it but just know there is very little room for error especially if you wanna make it out in 8-10 total semesters.  

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

ohwell.gif
It may differ by school but at mine you had to maintain like a 3.3 in order to double major.  If you work hard enough you can do it but just know there is very little room for error especially if you wanna make it out in 8-10 total semesters.  

Back
Top Bottom