Anyone else can't stand Super Bowl parties?

best way is not to go to a big party- just chill with a few friends and get faded

hosting a super bowl party this year

beer, bbq, finger food, and squares betting. about 15-20 people.

should be good.

I will be watching superbowl by myself with nothing to distract me, I hate being the only one actually trying to watch the game..

Originally Posted by therenegade23

SB parties are only great when you're team is in it. If not, it becomes more like social event.
I'm the exact opposite.  I can't imagine going to a Super Bowl party if the Jets are in it.  I already get ragged on for being a Jets fan enough as it is.

I will add this. When you put a relatively large sum on the games outcome and mix that with a social setting, you can definitely look like a crazed weirdo.

love super bowl parties. i only care about one team in the nfl so i have no problem watching every other team with large groups of people

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I will add this. When you put a relatively large sum on the games outcome and mix that with a social setting, you can definitely look like a crazed weirdo.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I've been there before.

And I don't have a problem with Super Bowl parties per se. I do have a problem watching sports with people who don't know what they're talking about but still talk all the time. I guess that seems like Super Bowl parties would be like, but I've had work the last 3 years on SB Sunday
indifferent.gif

Like many said before. It depends on who is in the party. I would like to be around the people I know real well. Not going up to some random SB party with a bunch of people I don't know. But if it doesn't involve the Eagles (which it NEVER does). I usually just enjoy the food and watch the game as a casual fan.

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

I love watching sports with others, it makes it more exciting IMO.
Only with the right people

Some people and females are 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

I don't mind them at all unless it's at a bar where you can only see the game and not hear it. I like hearing what they are saying.

I'm the same way. And I could care less about the commentators or the commercials, as long as I can see the TV I'm good.

Oh and no childs at the party I go to, way too annoying

I don't mind watching with girls if they either watch football and know what is going on, or have no clue but don't pretend to know and are there
for socializing. Just be honest and it's all cool

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i agree OP. call me antisocial or whatever but i'd rather just watch the game alone while reading/posting on NT
Co-sign.

If I was with a few friends that actually cared about football, a party wouldn't be out of the question.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Only with the right people

Some people and females are 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

I just want to be left alone. I don't want to have to answer any stupid questions form chicks who watch every 10 mins and want to know what they missed. And I don't want to have to hear from the idiot whos watching the game for the first time but he thinks he knows everything.

I'm throwing a SB party this year but it's only like 5 or 6 people who I can tolerate watching sports with. But if my team was in it, I'd wanna watch alone. Don't like people seeing me get emotional and %#%+
laugh.gif

DJ's, I always take the day after the SB off so it's never a problem for me.

If the damn Dolphins ever make it to the Super Bowl, I'll be watching that game in a bunker with no phones within 50 miles.  Dead serious. 

I went to a big bash last year and it was pretty cool, but most years I just like to watch it at home quietly, maybe a few fam members and that's it. 

i dont mind it...it just becomes another get together with family and friends...everybody comes through with their favorite teams gear...which ends up being a niner/raider debate
laugh.gif

this year im gonna be in my vernon davis jersey

I usually enjoy SB parties but now that my team is actually in it I doubt i'll watch it with more than 3-4 people.

I hate watching games with people who think they know it all, but actually don't know @#$%. Makes me wanna slap the hell out of them because they're so obnoxious. Or the I told you so guys too!

But overall, if you watch it with people who actually want to watch the game, it's usually fun for me. Plus the food is always good

Back
Top Bottom