Anyone else feel this way? JB doing too much too quickly?

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

IN TERMS OF HAVING PROOF I DO NOT - but i did hear last week from a mom and pop store owner, who supposively heard this from his JB rep, that JB is ending retro releases in "the next few years" and then after that IT IS OVER!!! of course again, this is just what i was told...
That is what I heard as well at the start of the year.

Its hard to figure out one way or the other as there are good arguments from both sides. Retros coming out more frequently will start to get tiring in that heads will feel they won't have to cop right on release day anymore. And as the years continue to pass, the generations that actually have sentimental value connected to MJ, the shoes, and the shoe game that sprouted from him are only getting older and older. The younger generation is more connected in a similar manner to Kobe and LeBron, and the newer technology in shoes being made these days.

I'm guessing that is why JB tried out the whole AFJ Fusion line, which although OG Jordan heads are
sick.gif
 over, the general public seems to have accepted well enough that JB keeps churning them out. The future of JB will also depend more on the signature players they sign (ie CP, Melo, Wade). Original shoe design ideas need to be offered through these players instead of the Jordan signature shoes used as PEs by slapping the players' name or number on it.

Hopefully retros don't die out until our generation dies out, but I guess we'll find out over the next few years.

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

IN TERMS OF HAVING PROOF I DO NOT - but i did hear last week from a mom and pop store owner, who supposively heard this from his JB rep, that JB is ending retro releases in "the next few years" and then after that IT IS OVER!!! of course again, this is just what i was told...
That is what I heard as well at the start of the year.

Its hard to figure out one way or the other as there are good arguments from both sides. Retros coming out more frequently will start to get tiring in that heads will feel they won't have to cop right on release day anymore. And as the years continue to pass, the generations that actually have sentimental value connected to MJ, the shoes, and the shoe game that sprouted from him are only getting older and older. The younger generation is more connected in a similar manner to Kobe and LeBron, and the newer technology in shoes being made these days.

I'm guessing that is why JB tried out the whole AFJ Fusion line, which although OG Jordan heads are
sick.gif
 over, the general public seems to have accepted well enough that JB keeps churning them out. The future of JB will also depend more on the signature players they sign (ie CP, Melo, Wade). Original shoe design ideas need to be offered through these players instead of the Jordan signature shoes used as PEs by slapping the players' name or number on it.

Hopefully retros don't die out until our generation dies out, but I guess we'll find out over the next few years.

Really good points and statements above. I'll have to say, as I've said before--if Jordan Brand was to release 1 solid retro a month, 12 shoes per/year, then there would be a lot more sneakerheads going out and buying and the hype would be endless. Instead of releasing 2,3+ retros a month as they did in 2010, releasing one pair would definitely give consumers a higher quality shoe and basically same profit for Jordan Brand, as there wouldn't be as many shoes sitting on shelves each week. If it was up to me, i'd release each year Jordan's 1-13 in a standard colorway, instead of releasing 4 in the same season. Again, this is just my opinion and i'm just a sneakerhead--so what do I know?

Really good points and statements above. I'll have to say, as I've said before--if Jordan Brand was to release 1 solid retro a month, 12 shoes per/year, then there would be a lot more sneakerheads going out and buying and the hype would be endless. Instead of releasing 2,3+ retros a month as they did in 2010, releasing one pair would definitely give consumers a higher quality shoe and basically same profit for Jordan Brand, as there wouldn't be as many shoes sitting on shelves each week. If it was up to me, i'd release each year Jordan's 1-13 in a standard colorway, instead of releasing 4 in the same season. Again, this is just my opinion and i'm just a sneakerhead--so what do I know?

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

It does appear that they have dropped many sought after releases in such a short span of time.

Jordan I: No more, these have been done to death in so many different forms.
Jordan II: I could see JB re-releasing the Melo 2's and perhaps some PE colorways
Jordan III: Nothing left to re-release from an OG standpoint.
Jordan IV: White Cements
Jordan V: Please no more
Jordan VI: Sport Blues, Olympics
Jordan VII: All OG's have been or will have been released by next year
Jordan VIII: Please no more
Jordan IX: Could see them re-releasing the French Blue colorway
Jordan X: Should re-release the "team series" (NY, Chi, Orl, Sac)
Jordan XI: Concord and Columbia colorways will be re-released
Jordan XII: Obsidian's only OG colorway yet to be re-released
Jordan XIII: No Og's left to re-released
Jordan XIV:Indigo colorway
Jordan XV: Horrible the first time around,no need to release these monstrosities again.
Jordan XVI: White/Blue colorway.

Everything after the XVI imo is not worth mentioning.
let me get these 2 pair x2 and im out.  F all that fusion/air max x every numbered jordan.  JB can keep that @%@+.

It does appear that they have dropped many sought after releases in such a short span of time.

Jordan I: No more, these have been done to death in so many different forms.
Jordan II: I could see JB re-releasing the Melo 2's and perhaps some PE colorways
Jordan III: Nothing left to re-release from an OG standpoint.
Jordan IV: White Cements
Jordan V: Please no more
Jordan VI: Sport Blues, Olympics
Jordan VII: All OG's have been or will have been released by next year
Jordan VIII: Please no more
Jordan IX: Could see them re-releasing the French Blue colorway
Jordan XI: Concord and Columbia colorways will be re-released
Jordan XIII: No Og's left to re-released
Jordan XV: Horrible the first time around,no need to release these monstrosities again.

Everything after the XVI imo is not worth mentioning.
let me get these 2 pair x2 and im out.  F all that fusion/air max x every numbered jordan.  JB can keep that @%@+.

its funny too because for a brand like JB in a situation like this you'd think they would keep their quality at a top notch.....I know a few sneaker heads who passed on a few sought after retros due to "shapes being off", or the sneaker being different from the OG somehow not to mention over saturating the market with retros which is their "secret weapon", but what can they do if the don't retro whose really gonna buy jordans....if its not jordans 1-18; (19-23 gets a blah) then whats left to buy....lets keep it 100 there team jordans, fusions, and whatever other shoe they released straight from the dumpster isn't competing with what nike has to offer.

its funny too because for a brand like JB in a situation like this you'd think they would keep their quality at a top notch.....I know a few sneaker heads who passed on a few sought after retros due to "shapes being off", or the sneaker being different from the OG somehow not to mention over saturating the market with retros which is their "secret weapon", but what can they do if the don't retro whose really gonna buy jordans....if its not jordans 1-18; (19-23 gets a blah) then whats left to buy....lets keep it 100 there team jordans, fusions, and whatever other shoe they released straight from the dumpster isn't competing with what nike has to offer.

Face it there stuck in a loop they have to keep spitting out retros with people on these forums, acting like their sitting on santa clauses lap (pause)......JB I want you to retro these...JB please retro these....JB!!......sounds like JB needs to now focus more on sneakers or something other than retros to be their main source of income.....I feel like I'm giving out marketing tips here lol

Face it there stuck in a loop they have to keep spitting out retros with people on these forums, acting like their sitting on santa clauses lap (pause)......JB I want you to retro these...JB please retro these....JB!!......sounds like JB needs to now focus more on sneakers or something other than retros to be their main source of income.....I feel like I'm giving out marketing tips here lol

I've thought for years once the "current" retro run loses steam, they always have the "Nike Air" up their sleeve. Sure all these classic colorways are dropping but they've been missing one thing on them, a Swoosh. Sure it's not the entire line, but those shoes that originally had Nike Air on the back are BIG shoes and they're pretty classic colorways. Once the market gets really stale, what better way to re-introduce the hype back in it. It's all a cycle.

I've thought for years once the "current" retro run loses steam, they always have the "Nike Air" up their sleeve. Sure all these classic colorways are dropping but they've been missing one thing on them, a Swoosh. Sure it's not the entire line, but those shoes that originally had Nike Air on the back are BIG shoes and they're pretty classic colorways. Once the market gets really stale, what better way to re-introduce the hype back in it. It's all a cycle.

nike taking back control over the market from the reseller
devaluing the brand, but apparantly worth it to them

nike taking back control over the market from the reseller
devaluing the brand, but apparantly worth it to them

remember back in 07/08 gentry talking about the upcoming cdp's being the last chance at getting any retro colourways outside of rare superlimited runs?

the video is probably still on youtube somewhere

remember back in 07/08 gentry talking about the upcoming cdp's being the last chance at getting any retro colourways outside of rare superlimited runs?

the video is probably still on youtube somewhere

AMEN.AMEN.AMEN.AMEN.AMEN to you!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope jb can see this!

THANKS RED

AMEN.AMEN.AMEN.AMEN.AMEN to you!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope jb can see this!

THANKS RED

Originally Posted by gyeah

nerd.gif
never even thought of it like that.....................damn

they still should have stretched the releases out though, too much heat dropped this year alone......if I would have it my way, only 2 signature shoes would drop a year...
ohwell.gif
, building the anticipation for the next release.

these 13's and 7's could have came next year, and the 11's could have dropped in 2012......should of kicked it off with the 2's and dropped the 9's later throughout this year.

Back
Top Bottom