Anyone else find it hard to get a job w/ a Criminal Record?

I think its kinda like dirty said its not so much you have a record but whats on it OP..I'm not judgeing or anything cus I got 7 felonys BUT what you wrote down as your record, if I was looking over it as a boss I would think to myself..he is a alcohol/drug abuser, will supply minors and dosent care and is also a little off and harasses people..dont want him here with me. I know you gave a reasonable explanation for the charges but when you submit an app you don't get the chance to explain. Like I said I got 7 felonys for major drug offences and I have a pretty good job but its blue collar all the way. When I was doing my release class they told me when it asks have you been convicted of a crime put "will discuss at interview" then you might get the chance to explain like you did here..its not impossible to get a job but it makes it harder cus there are more people willing to work with no record. you can get anything you want taken off your record in most states if you got the money to do it. I think here is like 10K per felony or somthin. keep at it somthin will open up

Originally Posted by JD214

When keeping it real goes wrong.

Once it's in your record, you're done. Nothing else you can do but try getting a job that pays less and doesn't do or care about background checks.

Damn kid... I'ma be a good boy, and not get arrested. Got me shook.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I think its kinda like dirty said its not so much you have a record but whats on it OP..I'm not judgeing or anything cus I got 7 felonys BUT what you wrote down as your record, if I was looking over it as a boss I would think to myself..he is a alcohol/drug abuser, will supply minors and dosent care and is also a little off and harasses people..dont want him here with me. I know you gave a reasonable explanation for the charges but when you submit an app you don't get the chance to explain. Like I said I got 7 felonys for major drug offences and I have a pretty good job but its blue collar all the way. When I was doing my release class they told me when it asks have you been convicted of a crime put "will discuss at interview" then you might get the chance to explain like you did here..its not impossible to get a job but it makes it harder cus there are more people willing to work with no record. you can get anything you want taken off your record in most states if you got the money to do it. I think here is like 10K per felony or somthin. keep at it somthin will open up

Are you Bill Bellamy?

^
laugh.gif
, but after my second F I just said fug it ima b a career criminal pay so much better plus i dont pay taxes to the gov

i thought only felonies appeared on your background check. does that mean that speeding tickets are on your record too?

I thought you could only have 3 felonies?
laugh.gif

My record is $#%* and span and I still can't find a job
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

i thought only felonies appeared on your background check. does that mean that speeding tickets are on your record too?

Traffic and criminal misdemeanors are two different things.

with or without a good record, it's hard to find any good jobs. if you really look i bet there is something for you

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

^
laugh.gif
, but after my second F I just said fug it ima b a career criminal pay so much better plus i dont pay taxes to the gov

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by JD214

When keeping it real goes wrong.

Once it's in your record, you're done. Nothing else you can do but try getting a job that pays less and doesn't do or care about background checks.

Damn kid... I'ma be a good boy, and not get arrested. Got me shook.
For real 

mine never hurt me but i got it dismissed. so now it's a gun charge that shows up as dismissed.  i got a gross misdemeanor too but no one's mentioned that.  thinking about hiring a lawyer to get them all expunged.  even though they aren't serious charges i don't like the idea that i have them on my record from years ago and i'm a different dude now.

oh and for the record you can get a job, my boy with 4 flags had a job making over 20 an hour before he went on the run from the law again.
laugh.gif

I been lookin for like 2 years now. Unemployment bout to run out. I've talked to people who said they have relatives or know someone w/ felonies who have solid jobs, but its always in another state. I live in Philly and I can't find a decent job to hire me. What city(ies) got the jobs that hire criminals? Im there. I will seriously relocate on a 2-5 year plan just to make some decent money and stack it. Im just fed up w/ these $8-13/ hr jobs. It feels impossible to progress financially in life w/o a job that pays at least (35-40000/yr).

Originally Posted by Trizzy02

I been lookin for like 2 years now. Unemployment bout to run out. I've talked to people who said they have relatives or know someone w/ felonies who have solid jobs, but its always in another state. I live in Philly and I can't find a decent job to hire me. What city(ies) got the jobs that hire criminals? Im there. I will seriously relocate on a 2-5 year plan just to make some decent money and stack it. Im just fed up w/ these $8-13/ hr jobs. It feels impossible to progress financially in life w/o a job that pays at least (35-40000/yr).

Atlanta...
Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida:  you can work off shore oil rig or at the refinery oil plant.  My best friend, F1 felon (lol), worked off shore making $900 a week (Louisiana). There's some pros and cons.  

Here's a list of companies that hire felons...

http://www.ranker.com/list/list-of-companies-that-hire-felons/business-and-company-info

Originally Posted by Trizzy02

For one, stop looking at yourself as a criminal, first and foremost.  The fact that you even label yourself that and have that mentality doesn't help you in terms of finding a job.  If you yourself consider yourself a criminal then how the hell is anybody gonna hire you?

On top of that, what kind of educational background do you have?  I have a felony on my record yet I graduated from Duke and have my MBA from UConn and currently working in Investor Relations in NYC.  That + what kind of offenses you were arrested for play a huge part in what kind of job you can get.

At the end of the day do listen to any of these herbs who tell you that you're @%@% and won't be able to get a job.  You just gotta stay strong mentality and keep grinding.  As someone mentioned, sales jobs could give 2 $@+!% about your background.  High risk, high reward kind of job but it's a start.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I'm sorry but I'm calling ducktales. How old are u? 7 felonies, major drug bust, in Cincinnati? Na. I know better

I got caught for mj when i was like 16 or 17, didnt get arrested walked home and just had a court summons. went to court and the judge said I have a "6 month open case" meaning if i got caught doing anything in those 6 months id get that charge + the mj charge

will this be on my record u think ? i was like 16 i think im about to be 20 now. I live in MA btw, this was 2 weeks before the decriminalization law went into effect 
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom