anyone else losing interest in SNEAKERS?

I'm going on 30 and haven't lost interest in sneakers. I don't spend as much dough as I use to, but they still have an appeal.

I cop all of my pairs for ballin, though. I haven't bought a pair of sneaks just for fashion in years.

last pair of shoes I bought were the black/white penny 2 retros and the black/red pippen 1 retros since they came out. Haven't copped any new shoes since.

nahh. I still cop sneakers(especially Jordans). I'm trying to get my Jordan collection up and I love sneaker too much, that's why I still buy them.When I was in High School, my parents were buying sneakers for me, but they wasn't willing to dish out 125-$150 on some Jordans. so now that I have my ownmoney, I'm buying some of the jordans I missed out on 3-4 years ago. I think 2010 will be my last year buying Jordans. once I get the XIs, the VIs, and theXs, I'm done buying Jordans.

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

moreso, realizing that the sneakers are being pimped.
~Lefty
the sneakers have been getting pimped out for the past 2 years. its a shame man... these companies have gotten ruthless and just dont care abouttheir customers anymore.

I havent lost my interest in sneakers, but i have lost my obsession.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

We off that.

Limited editions, horrible jordans and resellers killed it for me. People used to make fun of me for how many pairs of sneakers I had. Then everyone was doing it.

Nothing can stop me from liking what I like.

The interest is still there...but the NEED to get everything I see is dead.

Life happens. I'll be 35 in a couple months, married with 3 kids under 6yo and 1 on the way...house, cars and other bills...

I guess you could say the priority to buy is gone. I have maybe 6 pairs of gym shoes total for casual, basketball and training. But I wear mostly just blackleather shoes now...loafers and the like.

I still keep $$$ in the paypal in case I see something I like on eBay, but unless it is BB1's, I don't pull the trigger. But I agree with CBN, thoseSJ's are calling to me... =)

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

10years in and i think im done... its been a decade of campout... blown paychecks... driving,hustling,scheming,hunting,and the persuit of somethin greater than me. chasing the cool? but now "the cool" has really changed for me... i ran a shoe store for 6yrs and now im doing somethin else that doesnt allow me to wear sneakers... it's just kinda weird for me to give this stuff away,or whatever... what if the little remainig spark i have comes back? lol,thatd suck to re-buy everything.. OR TRY...

i see you w/ the Lupe reference... didnt "the cool" come from a poem, and Lupe used it for the basis of the storyline of his albums?...

but anyways, i see it comin my way... i'm 20... and aint too hype about Jordans....

I still get kinda excited for Nike Basketball Retro releases, though... 1/2 cents, pippens, uptempos etc... but i wanna start shooting for more mature typeshoes and clothes....

the outlets and 50% sales keep me coming back though... lol...

last pair i paid retail for were the Olympic 6s... besides that... not really much..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by ago225

Originally Posted by backpacker23

Kinda losin interest in jordans, JB is slippin on the quality. Cant believe ppl still buy j's like its still hott.

QFT. im 16 though, i like shoes and all but im not buying as often anymore.

as often as when?? you're too young to make these kinds of statements man (not taking shots at you)
yeah fam.. you takin shots.... son is 16... he grew up w/ lightning fast technology.... and kids these days take on things alot younger thannormally... I aint cop my first cell phone till 8th grade.. prepaid weak Nokia phone w/ Snake...

i seen a 5th grader w/ an HTC Touch Pro... kids take on stuff alot younger, so you cant really say he's too young...

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

*raises hand*
i dnt even bother with these new whack @%& jordans that be releasing. i wear jb flip flops daily anyhow. but other than that all my cash goes toward creating my slab.
need a ds set of swangaz not jordans lol

I just had a guy transfer to my work from Houston. I asked him about swangaz, he said he saw quite a few. I really wasn't sure if these things really, truly were popular out there, but I guess they are.

hahaha... swangaz in the H is like the most coveted shoes... me personally, i grew up down here, and dont really be feelin them for the cost....

swangaz be high as giraffe poo-nana... lol....

but as far as coppin deadstock swangaz over deadstock Jays... i feel family 100%... i'm tryin to find some deadstock Choppaz, though... dont know why ilike them so much... they are the cheapest rims... but its somethin about them blades....

i'm definitely gonna sell some of these shoes for some chrome shoes for my whip-appeal...

Not since 3-4 years. Lost the interest, but the appreciation is still there.
After I ventured off JB to General, it was dunzo after that.

haven't bought sneakers in over a year. hardly ever wear them anyway. haven't even been in a shoe store in like 6 months.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

We off that.

Limited editions, horrible jordans and resellers killed it for me. People used to make fun of me for how many pairs of sneakers I had. Then everyone was doing it.

QFMFT!!

Its sort of fadding, I just like to cop more ball sneakers now

More so interests are shifting

I havent bought a pair in over a year and the only pairs i really wear are some reflective black AM95 and some Asics gel lyte III

I have a little interest in sneakers now...I figure there are more things important than shoes... plus I grew into other hobbies.

It might be because of the horrible designed shoes lately or the price for shoes now a days. No one is pushing the envelope aesthetically or innovation.

I just buy casual shoes. Anything comfortable. It's weird too because I have a closet full of kicks and all I wear are sandals/slippers.

But I really do like designing them.

In all honesty the shoe game etc is dead. You have variants,fakes etc that are just as good quality sometimes even better then the nike release at a 3rd ofthe cost. Also most shoes are just remakes remixes and reincarnations of shoes that have alreasy been released. Truelly if your in your late 20's 30'setc... There is no need to collect buy shoes anymore. All nike has been doing over the past 5 years is release and rerelease the same shoes that came out inthe past 10 yrs or so. So unless you are one of those ppl who didnt or couldnt afford the shoes at that time or just wore dogged the hell out the shoes, thereis no need to repurchase them. Its not like your shoe size has changed(if your in your 20's 30's) And ex if a pair of blk/red pair of aj11 comes out in2004 and a remake of less and cheaper quality comes out again in 2009, why would you buy them again for 50 bucks more.

With working a 9 to 5 having kids more responsibilities etc... chances are you didnt wear the shoes enough where they would look worst then almost new. Withnew-found obligations and responsibilities and maturity, its not likely that an adult would say hey my kids want such and such or i need to repair such andsuch with my house etc..., you would negate those responsibilities to buy a pair of jordans you purchased 4 yrs ago and only wore like 10 15 times just to buythe same pair 3 yrs later for 50 bucks more and made of cheaper quality and lackluster craftmanship.

The story would be different if your early 20's or teenager. Cause 1 shoe size might have changed. 2 income or amount of money that can be spent onshoes has changed, therefore you can now purchase the shoes you missed out on the 1st or 2nd round they released/retroed them. Or you was young and just doggedout the shoes because you didnt care about collecting or just from lack of money and had to wear the shoes more often.

As far as from a collectors standpoint the novelty is dead. What made collecting special was its exclusivity, it rarity and the uniqueness in quality designand concept of shoes. With sorry to say sites like this, ebay, fakes and variants and the lack of creativity in design and technology, mass production ofshoes, this recession, and marquete athletes/celebritites etc advertising cosigning the shoes. Jordans etc arent special, everyone and they momma can get themwhether it be retail, at the flea market for 55 bucks or good used pair for half price or even cheaper online(ebay etc.)

In short shoe collecting etc in general are a noobs young bucks game.

I started collecting Jordans just 2 years ago when the aqua 8s released and since then with every JB release ive lost a little interest. So what i did wasfocus on collecting more of the older retro releases and originals. I think ive done pretty darn good so far and im happy with my collection as of now but dontmind adding to it still....so id say no i havent lost my interest......anyone else gone from collecting recent retros to og heat?

Back
Top Bottom