Anyone else think they are addicted?

I don't think I'm addicted. I pass up on lots of colorways I like to get my favorites. I guess that doesn't count since my favorites usually are the most expensive colorways

You'll get over it when you realize you have been over paying for payless quality shoes for the last 5 or 6 years.

It was weird with me. I was ON THE HUNT for some BHM IIIs and some Space Jams. I finally got a pair of each and now I'm good. I don't really stress over a release anymore. I've always bought what I liked but it seemed for a little while that I liked it all. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is what it took was for me to obtain the shoes I REALLY wanted and then my "addiction" went away. I am still planning on buying some more shoes this year but I'm not really stressing it.

ive been addicted since the day i saw the bred 13s when they came out back in 98. ive been sniffin sneakers since then.

Sometimes I wonder why am I paying so much for shoes? I could be buying something else that will benefit me so much more but then I just give in. I can't help it. I don't go as crazy as I did in high school but I still try and get at least the ones I want throughout the year. I guess it gives me another thing to look forward to when that new pair is on the way.

i'm a small town minister, so makin money ain't exactly my game. to make my shoe fix work, i sell pairs that don't interest me anymore. and truthfully, that's part of the fun of the shoe game.

I used to be addicted. Then I ended up with more shoes than I could ever wear. I had shoes in my trunk, the backseat of my car, all over the doorway and piled in my closet.

Now I just buy what I am going to wear. Forget stocking.

Originally Posted by justice4all2028

i'm a small town minister, so makin money ain't exactly my game. to make my shoe fix work, i sell pairs that don't interest me anymore. and truthfully, that's part of the fun of the shoe game.
I'm the exact same way.. Its not that i dont like my old kicks - my preferences change. And i look at it as i've had the shoes, and i'd rather have something new.. ALWAYS ON THE HUNT
happy.gif

Haha I got it bad right now! And working at Finishline with the 30% discount only makes it worse! I am never content and I'm always watching shoes on eBay even if I know I'm not going to buy them haha. I think I'll be content when I get most of the OG color ways for 1-14 and then the other non OG/LS color ways I like but until then I'm hooked haha I also need OG color 17 and 18 white and grey 19 OG 20 red Suede and grey suede 21s and then OG or carolina 23's haha it's all good though for me cause I'm in high school and don't have any bills I work at a shoe store and my foot is most likely done growing so I might as well enjoy it while I can haha! The onlymway o could quit collecting is if I were to quit my job, sell all my retros and block NT and nice kicks from my computer haha

aww man it looks like i've come to the right place! SMH i'm 17 but I been loving sneakers since like 2nd or 3rd grade... I got a lil part time job now to help me w/my addiction lol it seems like it's getting worse because I run across stuff I like (not just shoes) and it's like a NEED! LOL

Been on shoes since about 95 used to keep old eastbays just cuz I liked the shoes, had like 40 pairs stolen In 2001, including black cement 3s, lowtop white red 11 and the Concords that dropped last and bred 11s, had two jobs two years ago and was buying countdown packs as they were releasing each month until I got laid off from my main job. Been missing buying shoes since I got my last check( and I copped TWO PAIRS! 25th anniversary 2s & 3s. Now married with a daughter so I kno it's gonna be tough but got my two jobs back so now I just want a REAL shoe to buy!!! Lol

I only buy shoes thats I can see myself wearing or something I really love.

Not addicted.

Originally Posted by ajkatt

I only buy shoes thats I can see myself wearing or something I really love.

Not addicted.
Same here

I kinda go in spurts where I grab a bunch of pairs then I don't for awhile. Really just depends on what interests me that I find.

I used to be, but eventually, I ended up with most of the pairs I wanted and other priorities became more important. Every now and then, a new pair gets me super excited, but it's more of a hobby than an addiction now.

i refer to it as an addiction.
i get a distinct rush from purchase.

however i only buy like four or five pairs a year.

it's a chemical addiction, but i have it in check... or i should say my wife does. nah... i do too. 30-40 pairs is plenty. any bigger and i really feel that's when it becomes a bit of a waste. and i wear my jays almost every day.

Back
Top Bottom