anyone else...vol lets talk it out

in college and don't have a clue as to what they want to do
and/or not sure about life in itself...

im slightly jaded...
i cant pinpoint where the heck i'm going and its a bit of a bother.

tired.gif

College produces a working class that will be riddled with debt from student loans as well as the cost of living and surviving college - debts that will take more than half your life working full time at a job you'll probably grow to loathe to pay off 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

College produces a working class that will be riddled with debt from student loans as well as the cost of living and surviving college - debts that will take more than half your life working full time at a job you'll probably grow to loathe to pay off 
mad.gif

true. in many aspects.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

mad.gif
tired.gif
 $!+@ these student loans. and another thing...The Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5 costing thousands of dollars can also kiss my %%%. 
alien.gif

Thankfully I will be graduating this spring with zero student loans due to scholarships. Unfortunately, I have no game, in real life or on the internet. It's never cuffing season for me 
frown.gif
#teambetaXforeveralone
Originally Posted by Cap29

tired.gif
 $!+@ these student loans. and another thing...The Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5 costing thousands of dollars can also kiss my %%%. 
alien.gif
My dude, check out the Student Edition. I got the Student Edition of CS5 two summers ago for about $350.

Same boat as OP.

Pops came in today asking me what I was studying and I'm like "general ed so I could transfer out to a UC"

Then he starts telling me about some note worthy careers like becoming a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer, etc..

and I was just sitting, listening, as I have no clue as to what to actually follow...

It brings me down a bit too that there are no jobs and debt is something I don't want in my life.

Feels batman.

I was always afraid of this. So I took a year off to travel after high school and think of where I wanna head to in life before starting college. One of the best decisions I ever made, but I hope everyone else does discover what they truly want to do.

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

I'm truly blessed to have my parents pay my way through school and everything else
nerd.gif

This + Financial Aid and scholarships boi 
grin.gif

im doing engineering now, thought i was about that LAPD life....nahhhh (took 2.5 years to figure this out)

Originally Posted by dominikid

I'm truly blessed to have my parents pay my way through school and everything else
nerd.gif

grin.gif
financial aid grants + scholarships = shopping spree 
laugh.gif

Real talk I should have waited a year because then I would of been able to claim myself as independent
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dominikid

nerd.gif

grin.gif
financial aid grants + scholarships = shopping spree 
laugh.gif

yea but i mean it'll run out...eventually then what?

I'm currently in that year off, but so far I've visited Manila and currently I'm in Seoul, then later on I plan to hit up Australia or Italy if I have some money leftover. It's given me ideas of what I want to pursue, which I'm leaning towards subjects that has to do with food/nutrition. great experience so far and meeting people around the world helped me establish more connections.

As we all know college is a scam to some. My look on college is what you make of it. Just like the guy that didnt go to college or the college dropout that is making millions now. Im in school to either get my degree or come up with that passion or idea to make me rich(either with money or passionate job with all right money).

As of right now, im trying to find a veterans program(dad 23 years retired) that can help me pay for school. I have no clue on what i want to do, but im majoring in psychology and focusing on info systems.

that sounds pretty great. i haven't left the city in a while. could be a good thing to do so

Back
Top Bottom