Anyone ever been to BELIZE?

I'm flying into Belize City and meeting up with a buddy who has been traveling through Central America for the last few months. Unfortunately, I don't think Belize has crazy nightlife, but has anyone been down there? I plan on doing some diving and drinking a lot of local beer but thats about all I know. Any info is appreciated :smokin

Still have my Belize shirt from when I went...I loved it.

The food...:pimp:

I think I enjoyed my time at Nassau the best...but the women over there are drop dead gorgeous man.

Still remember seeing this dark skin chick...I mean dark as midnight who was one if the finest ladies I've ever laid eyes on. Never forget her...

You'll have a blast I'm sure. I was getting bottles of tequila for the low...but that's back when I use to drink.

Both of my parents are from Belize and I've been many times. What part of Belize are you going to? The nightlife is very slow compared to America. DO NOT expect any clubs/bars/lounges to be like it is out here. If you do you are setting yourself up for extreme disappointment. The last time I was there was for our Independence Day, that's in September. EVERYTHING is crackin' around that time time of year. You should be good though.

Make sure you visit the ruins and the coral reef. When I'm there most of my time is in Belize City. It's a very nice tropical place. You will not be disappointed with the women and the food. Make you get some fresh Fry Jack and Panades bwoy! You will find dark to brown to light chicks out there.
glasses.gif
 Also, the main beer you will see out there is Belikin. That's our official beer. There's a grip of different types so try a few of them. The beaches are on point. A lot of tourists visit there, especially if you're in San Pedro Town. I'm sure you're going to do the tourist thing so people will tell you other points of interest, but definitely hit up the ruins. US money is worth more there, so you will get more bang for your buck. You will defnitely have a good time. This is the first time I've seen someone make a Belize post other than me. I'm glad to see NTers going there. If you want to know anything else, I will try to help you out as best as I can.

Sub Umbra Floreo my friend.

I was there a couple of summers ago. Flew into Belize City and took a boat over to Ambergis Caye, and stayed in San Pedro. If you want awesome diving head that way. There is a spot called Hol Chan, one of the most renownded diving spots in the world.

Flying out next week. Staying on Ambergis Caye, do I need to be certified or can I get by with a snorkel and some fins for some good diving? Also, anyone know of any good bars/restaurants on Ambergis Caye that you would recommend? Hope there are some women down there! Thx.

Where are you staying? It isnt really known for the bar scene but you'll find your way.

There is a sweet palapa bar called oddly enough, Palapa Bar, its a good time. My favorite dump was Cholo's Sports Bar.

Ulitmately **** isnt hard to find. Just get yourself a golf cart, that will be your transpo, and cruise.

Also, while you're there see if there is a "Chicken Drop". You can do some harmless gambling and boozing your balls off.

Just snorkeling? You'll be straight. You'll see plenty with just snorkeling. If you really want to dive just chat up some locals, they'll lead you in the right direction. There are ex-pats there and Canadians, so you'll be good.

Drink a Belekin for me.

Last edited:
I was there a couple of summers ago. Flew into Belize City and took a boat over to Ambergis Caye, and stayed in San Pedro. If you want awesome diving head that way. There is a spot called Hol Chan, one of the most renownded diving spots in the world.
Moms is from San Pedro Town. You know what's up with Hol Chan. I've been there many times.
Drink a Belekin for me.
nthat.gif
Belikin is our official beer. I live in and it's hard to come by out here.

^San Pedro is where we spent most of our time. Just crushing Belikins and fry jacks. Enjoyed my time there.

Karaoke was big on the island. All sorts of different sports to get hammered and sing some ballads. Each spot has their night for Karaoke, think the one I like most was Roadkill Cafe, its owned by some Canadian couple.

There is a "nighclub" in San Pedro, think its called Jaguars or some ****.

Also, this will change your life:

View media item 160922

Last edited:

Moms is from San Pedro Town. You know what's up with Hol Chan. I've been there many times.

Drink a Belekin for me.

:nthat: Belikin is our official beer. I live in and it's hard to come by out here.

Since you from Belize, is Belize City a very violent city? I remember seeing a documentary on WSHH on how bad Belize City is because of the gang culture. Is it still like that over there?

Back
Top Bottom