Anyone ever been whitewater rafting?

I'm going whitewater rafting for the first time over Memorial Day weekend, on the Ocoee River in Tennessee.  I think we will be on the river for 3-3.5 hours on class III & IV rapids.  
What should I expect?  Gear I should be wearing?  

Any insight is good

Ive been..... it was fun....jus thave a life jacket....and dont let anyone jump in i guess

I was going to go WWR in Harper's Ferry, WV, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO windy out there. Too damn cold man. We didn't have the right type of equipment either. They said we should use water suits or we could suffer from hypothermia.

Wear a swimsuit
Expect to get wet...they'll give you life jackets and helmets if need be

It will be awesome

watersuit, helmet, life jacket, shoulder pads, all that.

it's fun, but really dangerous. especially if you flip.

it's fun...just wear some shorts and expect to get wet!!

I've done it a few times and the guides always seem to be pretty chill

I went in Colorado in 2005... I think we hit level 3's. I remember thinking afterwards that it was the most natural and pure fun experience I've had in a long time. Simply thrilling and just plain fun. Enjoy... just stay in the raft!  I remember our guide saying stuff like "we're going to die unless we paddle hard! LETS GO!!!" LOL I was like 16/17 years old and it was really funny looking back on it.

Oh and I'm pretty sure they will hook you up with the adequate gear.

All i know is not to wear cotton, holds water and gets heavy when wet. Life jackets/helmets will be supplied obviously.

Really looking forward to it

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Do I look white to you? lulz just kidding
laugh.gif

I'm not sure they even let blacks do that type of %*@% tho.

I've actually been to that same river... I went a couple of years ago, it's a blast! You may fall out of the boat so be prepared.... I kind of took the easy way out and had a guide though.
Seeing this really makes me want to go back, i'm about to see if any of my friends are up for it now.

i went in new zealand. it was pretty wild. they gave us all the gear we needed.

i remember it was crazy tho. at one point, someone fell out, and like three seconds later they were 50 yards down the river. it was crazy fun tho. just pay attention to what the instructors tell you and stay frosty
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom