anyone ever file exempt on taxes?

Joined Jul 22, 2007
how did it work? Im told you could do it for a couple months and not be penalized, but something just seems fishy......it would be nice to see some tax free checks though. 

Joined Apr 25, 2011
i do it at work everytime i get a bonus.... but i change it back the next week after getting paid!! if you leave it on there too long it will *%#$ you over in your tax returns ..check comes out fat

Joined May 17, 2008
I usually put in zero dependent for 11 months out of the year. When it comes to around Nov., I change it to exempt for two pay periods. My check is hefty for those two pay periods, perfect for Christmas shopping. I switch it back to zero dependents right before December. When I file my return, I still get a refund, but not as big because I kind off "advanced" it when I switched to exempt.

Joined May 6, 2011
i do it around the holidays since i get holiday pay for working x-mas and new years. thats a fat check. then i just change it back after that one pay period.

Joined Mar 8, 2009
Three letters.....I R S...

Don't think it's not being noticed when you switch on and off exempt.

ins

Joined May 22, 2010
If you are not going to make more then 8,000 in the year and are a student then do it.

Top Bottom