anyone ever gone across the border (Mexico) for dental work?

I'm not usually one to ask advice from NT general, but I was just curious if anyone had ever gone to Mexico for dental work.  I am in need of an extraction/implant and it's looking like it's going to cost me $5-6K up here.  a buddy of mine who hangs with a bunch of those MMA dudes said they all go down to Mexico for cheap dental work.  I've asked some other friends and they said they know of people who have done it but not themselves.  I know there can be some helpful people in general so figured I see what y'all have to say.

anyone ever done this?  I'm curious to what your experience was.  my biggest fear would be waking up without a kidney,
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I expect to get a lot of worthless responses, which is expected, but thanks ahead to those who might actually provide some beneficial information.

(PS yes I know my SN is tooth.  haha)

I'm not usually one to ask advice from NT general, but I was just curious if anyone had ever gone to Mexico for dental work.  I am in need of an extraction/implant and it's looking like it's going to cost me $5-6K up here.  a buddy of mine who hangs with a bunch of those MMA dudes said they all go down to Mexico for cheap dental work.  I've asked some other friends and they said they know of people who have done it but not themselves.  I know there can be some helpful people in general so figured I see what y'all have to say.

anyone ever done this?  I'm curious to what your experience was.  my biggest fear would be waking up without a kidney,
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I expect to get a lot of worthless responses, which is expected, but thanks ahead to those who might actually provide some beneficial information.

(PS yes I know my SN is tooth.  haha)

A lot of my aunts, cousins and uncles have done it. Yes its cheaper but of course the work is much better up here, but it will do the trick though
Your going to TJ?

A lot of my aunts, cousins and uncles have done it. Yes its cheaper but of course the work is much better up here, but it will do the trick though
Your going to TJ?

ehhh idk bout that my man. I would just pay the 5k, make sure its done properly and safely. That way I don't wake up dead, or have to get more dental work back in the states because of the botched dental work received in Mexico.

Good luck if you do decide to go through with it though. Make sure you check it out and do your research.

ehhh idk bout that my man. I would just pay the 5k, make sure its done properly and safely. That way I don't wake up dead, or have to get more dental work back in the states because of the botched dental work received in Mexico.

Good luck if you do decide to go through with it though. Make sure you check it out and do your research.

ive never had it done in mexico but in 2006 when i was in the Philippines i have a tooth extracted. i went in there to find out how much it would cost and ended up having it done right there. it took about 15 minutes and was probably equal to about 20$ maybee a little more. they gave me some pain medication and i was fine and back to 100% 3 to 4 days later. i think the night i had it done i went out. i think most of the money was for the pain medicine. i know the Philippines is not mexico but i hope this helps you.
p.s. i went with my uncle who was a local.

ive never had it done in mexico but in 2006 when i was in the Philippines i have a tooth extracted. i went in there to find out how much it would cost and ended up having it done right there. it took about 15 minutes and was probably equal to about 20$ maybee a little more. they gave me some pain medication and i was fine and back to 100% 3 to 4 days later. i think the night i had it done i went out. i think most of the money was for the pain medicine. i know the Philippines is not mexico but i hope this helps you.
p.s. i went with my uncle who was a local.

My mom just got work done last week. It all depends on the dentist you visit. Just do your research and you'll be fine.

My mom just got work done last week. It all depends on the dentist you visit. Just do your research and you'll be fine.

If I don't trust them here, I don't want to imagine trusting them down there. 
laugh.gif

I hate Dentists period.

If I don't trust them here, I don't want to imagine trusting them down there. 
laugh.gif

I hate Dentists period.

Back
Top Bottom