Anyone ever put kicks up for consignment at flightclub?

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
I was thinking about putting some used pairs up for consignment because I haven't worn them in years.  I stopped using ebay about 5 years ago, and people aren't biting as fast as I want through the buy/sell section.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and had any bad experiences.

i haven't put anything up at flight club but...the shoe market has changed a lot in the last 5 years. nike has completely flooded the market in every conceivable way.

good luck with it.

....ive done it. dont think ill do it again.

...its not really worth it if oyu dont live near one.

...you pay to ship the box, the item sells, you get 80% of that sell, then you have to pay to have a check sent to you and/or shipping for new shoes from your balance.

....if you lived near one all you pay is the 20% they charge to sell it since you can drop them off and pick up the check yourself.

....matter of fact, the more ill think on it, ill never sell through them again.

the used store takes 30%...craigslist that $@@!

edit - fcny has 2 stores in nyc...a used goods location on green where the original fcny was and a new goods store on broadway

....ive always felt it was a little shady on their part to not give a break on shipping if you're using money from your balance after selling with them.

.....and that $8 fee for a mailed check is beyond absurd.

....nah, im good on FC

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....ive done it. dont think ill do it again.

...its not really worth it if oyu dont live near one.

...you pay to ship the box, the item sells, you get 80% of that sell, then you have to pay to have a check sent to you and/or shipping for new shoes from your balance.

....if you lived near one all you pay is the 20% they charge to sell it since you can drop them off and pick up the check yourself.

....matter of fact, the more ill think on it, ill never sell through them again.

i didnt know this. bummy im not selling through them.
i had a couple pairs thinking it would be easy money with fc (la/ny) but ill find another way

Yea they take 20%, but look at the damn prices. Extremely inflated and people will buy just cause its from flight club. So go head son

I've done ISS but I always find my stuff at the 2nd or 3rd page after I bump them. Selling through flightclub even though it's a 70/30 split is okay for me because I live close to the ones in the city.

Somebody school me on Solesupremacy.com though. How do you go about selling to/through them...

Grimlock, I have. Twice. DON'T DO IT!! here's why:

In '06 I put up my blk/red XI's. DS, they were put on the site. The only 11.5 there. In fact it was the only Blk/Red XI they had in the store. A friend of mine comes to me a few days later and said the pair is gone. They never contacted me letting me know when the shoes sold. Went to the store, they tell me checks for sold shoes only cut on Tuesdays.

In '08 I sold my white/royal blue FP3. These were considered "used" despite no huge signs of wear. Whatever. Took it to the used store they had at the time on Lafayette St. in NYC. They took my info. I followed that store on twitter. 3 weeks later, I happen to see on twitter my shoes sold 9 DAYS after I took them in. Once again, no proper contact. I go in on a Tuesday and get my $. I told them that their practice is horrible. Why get contact info if you don't call anyone? That's my experience.

^that's weird, maybe they had a wrong email address? i've sold numerous pairs with flight club and it's always been a good experience. they would email me once it was sold and i would pick up the check.

all my shoes were DS. i'd imagine used shoes might be harder to sell, especially if it's not something that's sought after. yes, they do take 20%, but you can set the price generally higher than market so you don't lose out that much more. i've sold things from amsterdam 1 am90s, to tiffany dunks, to many jordans. if you live close (at least in 5 boroughs or nj) and have shoes that are sought after then it's something to think about. but if it's some beaters that no one's gona want, it'll sit there forever and you're better off selling it privately.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

^that's weird, maybe they had a wrong email address? i've sold numerous pairs with flight club and it's always been a good experience. they would email me once it was sold and i would pick up the check.

all my shoes were DS. i'd imagine used shoes might be harder to sell, especially if it's not something that's sought after. yes, they do take 20%, but you can set the price generally higher than market so you don't lose out that much more. i've sold things from amsterdam 1 am90s, to tiffany dunks, to many jordans. if you live close (at least in 5 boroughs or nj) and have shoes that are sought after then it's something to think about. but if it's some beaters that no one's gona want, it'll sit there forever and you're better off selling it privately.
Nope, E-mail was reviewed twice for accuracy, phone number given as well. I wasn't informed on time both times. My used shoes were in great shape. My FP III's were VVNDS, only thing that made them not accept it was a minor crease and scuff you had to hold up to your face to see. I'm done with them.

Originally Posted by beh235

Nope, E-mail was reviewed twice for accuracy, phone number given as well. I wasn't informed on time both times. My used shoes were in great shape. My FP III's were VVNDS, only thing that made them not accept it was a minor crease and scuff you had to hold up to your face to see. I'm done with them.

stop being salty, ive been selling with them since 2008, never had issues with them, the only thing i can honestly say is that i would wait on certain prices, because i felt like it would go up, thats all.

ive prob done around 25K worth of shoe selling and have no issues.

Originally Posted by beh235

hmm... i thought nds=not dead stock

Back
Top Bottom