Anyone ever take J's to a shoe repair shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was there a need to say the guys race? Does it validate what was said? Just Askin!!!!

LOL at this. How did that go completely over your head? Since he didn't know the channel's name....maybe he should have just said "There is a homosapien on you tube...". But then you probably would have asked if there was a need to reference the genus species. Seriously...people need to **** with their overly sensitive tendencies. The funniest part is the person could not have described his race in a more politically correct manner. "Does it validate what was said?" Kick rocks with that, really.

He does a great job, but charges too much, IMO

I got a quote on some 00 SJs.. Both shoes need seaglowed and the sole on 1 shoe glued back on. The whole sole isn't falling off, just under the toe needs re-glued and he said $180 plus I cover shipping both ways..lol

Damn near buy a new pair...

If he would have said $100 + Shipping, I would have did it. Hell, it's probably $12 worth of glue and seaglow combined...

Woah...if that's the case...he'd probably get a LOT more business by simply lowering his prices some. If it's 180 just to see glow and reglue a section of one sole, can you imagine what a full restoration costs? Like the ones he has pictures of? I would guess it's waaaaay over 200 dollars. Why do that when you can buy most any Jordan deadstock for 300 or less?

I took French Blue VII's to be reglued once...guy did an awsome job, just a lil extra glue marks on the inside. I restored the rest of the shoe (cleaned laces and repainted the midsoles) myself, and traded them for something brand new. All in all, worth the $10 to have a professional re-glue them. He also said he could do a sole swap on foams, but I was weary of that. I didnt think he had any experience swapping soles back in the mother land from whence he came. He kinda looked like Eddard Stark too.

LOL at this. How did that go completely over your head? Since he didn't know the channel's name....maybe he should have just said "There is a homosapien on you tube...". But then you probably would have asked if there was a need to reference the genus species. Seriously...people need to **** with their overly sensitive tendencies. The funniest part is the person could not have described his race in a more politically correct manner. "Does it validate what was said?" Kick rocks with that, really.

This is too funny...U think maybe he said he was asian so we know which video he was talkin about, espicially since he didnt know the title of the vid or the user name?

Paid $6 to have this glued back. Should've done it myself though, there's little brown glue gunks in spots around it.

Ive been wanting to take my 1998 bred 13s for a while to my local shoe repair place.I'm scared that they will mess them up all i need is a toebox reglue tho. What should i do?

I just got my 01 Concords back from a shoe service, disappointed. I had sole and midsole separation and just wanted it reaffixed. I had the shoes beaming before I took them in, and for a 12 yr old shoe I was proud because I put in work on the mesh and midsole.

I go in and explicitly ask: 1) can you fix this 2)
please don't get glue on patent leather or mesh 3) how long should it take? 2 weeks later I go in and the guy states some places wouldn't stick, but should be good to go and he cleaned them up for me. He went to the back to get them and when he showed them to me I wanted to slap the meat out of his taco. They had glue stains everywhere, midsole, mesh, and the were some burn marks, dude was all like because it took so long it was on the house, like I was going to pay, grabbed my shoes, and left and I have to start all the way over. I'll glue my own damb soles from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom