Anyone ever working for ADP or know someone who has?

They called me for an interview for their outsides sales position and the job sounds pretty sweet, its 100% commission though, which I don't mind unless they have me slinging trash. Looking online for info the average salary seems pretty decent but I'd like to get a bit more info.

So if anyone knows something or has experience with similar sales (Its a credit/debit card processing company) i'd appreciate it.

I worked for Paychex for a brief time (3 months) and ADP was our biggest competitor. Depending on the position you take, it's really a payroll provider for small to medium sized businesses. While working at Paychex I did a few things:

• Telemarketed to businesses in my assigned territory to set up appointments and followed up with business owners who set appointments through our dedicated telemarketing team (national sales support)
  • Did tablet based presentations tailoring solutions around the business needs and went through the sales process, focusing on closing the sale at the initial appointment
  • Cold called (in-person) businesses in my area, dropping off information and trying to schedule appointments
  • Networked with CPA's in my area and our banking partners (TCF, Charter One, Best Bank, Flagstar) to generate leads/refer them business

Overall it was a cool job. Paychex is no-nonsense though (tailored suit and tie, clean shaven every day) I shaved the night before my first day and was immediately disciplined for having a small amount of stubble. I went on two trips to New York for training (2 weeks once, 1 week the next) and met a lot of cool people

Payroll isn't interesting at all, and you deal with a lot of idiots that make you realize why a lot of small businesses fail. In comparison, ADP was a lower price point but I don't really know how the actual service compares. I mean, it's payroll. File my taxes, cut my checks, and save me from an IRS audit and we're good.

It's not HARD to sell, but I had a generous base salary (35+7 for car allowance) and my commission rate was at 19% I'm weary of any commission only jobs. Any other questions feel free to ask

My professor worked for ADP. I think he was a project manager or a consultant. He constantly refers to his job so I'm assuming he enjoyed it. Elnino what do you do now, if you don't mind me asking?

Direct Sales (door to door) for WOW! Cable. I was at Comcast, left for a more "professional" job in Paychex and then was fired right before my 90 days was up.

Like I said, I had an issue with my boss' boss on day one from not being clean shaven. From then on, we didn't get along.

After my first 2 weeks in New York I passed my (job dependent) exam with a 98% (highest in the class) and was never even given a "good job" when I got back to my office, although both the hotel staff and the trainers had sent me emails. After my second stint in New York I got back to my office and was pulled into a meeting with my supervisor and her supervisor. They said the training staff emailed them that I was rude, disruptive, didn't participate, and was hungover every day. All were complete lies except the hungover part (I got trashed one night...with my sales support team and a guest district manager)

I had a feeling they wanted me out because I'm one of those kind of people that ask questions if a procedure doesn't make sense to me and I feel like I can do a better job. In 3 months I was at 200% of quota and even had a banker stand up in our regional meeting and say he was "blown away" at my willingness to make our relationship beneficial for their bank. Crazy

Thanks for the responses, I was incorrect with the company name. its actually a company called Certified payment processors and they are owned by a bigger payment processing company. I checked their glassdoor reviews there is only 11 but the majority or reviews are good… I have experience working with small business owners and I think the best part is the fact that they set the appointments for you and you can do your own prospecting on top. My only fear is that their product isn't going to be competative and I wont make no money lol!! But I also like that your kinda working for yourself and they give a $100 cell phone allowance and $500 gas allowance. And a $2000 "jump start" bonus that is paid out over 3 months, $1000 and $500 twice.

I'm currently working as a personal banker and ive been doing it for about 3-4 years now and im sick of it and the banking industry just isnt the same anymore… I've always wanted to start my own business so I think this would be good experience grinding on my own and exposing myself to small businesses. My problem is I have bills up the wah-zoo and I have a bit saved up but that can only hold me for about 2 months… The fear is real but it sounds tempting..

i hear there is a really high turnover rate
if you like sales, go for it

i hear there is a really high turnover rate
if you like sales, go for it
Specifically with the C.P.P company or just in that industry?
I did seasonal payroll for ADP a while ago when I was in school and it's well known that the sales department had a pretty high turnover. If I remember right, the average sales person was there for about 6 months. I've never heard of C.P.P. Were they bought by ADP or something, or you just got the name completely mixed up?

If you want experience and are self-motivated, why not apply at an ADP or Paychex? The base salary makes it a lot less scary, gives you the experience, and if you decide you like sales then a lot of pharma and medical device companies LOVE payroll sales people because of the similarity

Back
Top Bottom