Anyone feel they're in a rut?

hey NT. anyone feel like they're in a rut, or aren't productive, midlife crisis
grin.gif
, just going along, etc.?
i graduated college a while back and working, but not getting the kind of salary i thought i would,
still live at home, early 20's, hopefully getting my own place/apartment soon, but feels like it's taking way too long with all my bills, payingcollege loans, credit card, etc.
anyone in the same situation, feel the same? sorry for the rant, just wanted to see how others are out there on NT land.
glasses.gif

i sure as hell do.

ive been going to school since '04 and been working at th same place for a lil over a year on a set schedule.
still living at home (22 years old) and havent had a relationship in almost 2 years....

i need to graduate soon or get a girl to make my life feel like im doing something.

Whenever I'm in a rut, I take a day to re-evaluate things and then break down my large goals into MUCH MUCH smaller goals that I can work on immediately.When I say immediately I mean immediately.. that day or the next. Then when you start completing those smaller goals you can see that you're on your wayagain and that should give you confidence and even more motivation to take on the next smaller tasks. Try it out.

Yes. My car is out of commission which prevents me from looking for other jobs temporarily.

I've been working the same job for almost three years now. My boss means well, but comes off as a drunken racist idiot, frat boy type (he's not a fratboy) who speaks loudly when he THINKS he's being eloquent. That man annoys the hell out of me, but I have to bite my tongue all the time.

I'm ready to move on...

Yes! Seriously, for the intelligent and motivated person I assumed I would be I've make some really dumb mistakes. My mother always says "every wrongwill have to be made right at some point." I honestly feel like every wrong I've ever done got together and said "hey, wonder if Court'sbusy?" and just all hopped a bus to come visit...I've got a lot of changes to make because this version of me just isn't cutting it.

NO, but.....
Some guy bought a Supreme North Face from me and i thought I was covered by Delivery Confirmation only.
Then he does a claim saying he never got the item, NOW Paypal took the funds out, and I'm reading the seller protection policy and it says that I needed toprovide SIGNED delivery confirmation for packages over $250. And I sold the thing for like $560 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!
And then this dude left a negative feedback which ebay won't reverse, and I think he's going to get his money back.

EVEN THOUGH I GAVE HIM THE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION! AND HE SAID HE WAS OUT OF TOWN SO THE PACKAGE PROBABLY GOT SWIPED!!

I swear its tooooooooooooooo easy to leave a negative feedback and it means so much to me!!

I honestly feel like every wrong I've ever done got together and said "hey, wonder if Court's busy?" and just all hopped a bus to come visit...
Damn...been there as well. But,

Whenever I'm in a rut, I take a day to re-evaluate things and then break down my large goals into MUCH MUCH smaller goals that I can work on immediately. When I say immediately I mean immediately.. that day or the next. Then when you start completing those smaller goals you can see that you're on your way again and that should give you confidence and even more motivation to take on the next smaller tasks. Try it out.
pimp.gif

i take L's like i take breaths of oxygen.
laugh.gif
OD

I haven't done anything positive with my life in the last 2 years since graduating high school. Even with 3 semesters of college under my belt....it waswasted time.

i have my own saying, "when it rains it HURRICANES." seems like when %#$# happens to me it happens all at once!

I was in about a 2-week stretch in February of just about everything going wrong, but I've managed to put what I could behind me, not let those otherissues affect me and work towards improving everything else. It's all good now though, it was just all piling on at once and getting to be overwhelming atthe time.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I was in about a 2-week stretch in February of just about everything going wrong, but I've managed to put what I could behind me, not let those other issues affect me and work towards improving everything else. It's all good now though, it was just all piling on at once and getting to be overwhelming at the time.

i feel you!! in a 5 week stretch these things have happened to me! car accident, car towed, 2 tickets, hit a pothole and got a flat tire, lower backsurgery ( no b ball)
frown.gif
. none of these things had anythingto do with each other!

Yeah two more months of high school. Then I can move on in my life. lmao
Word senioritis is a *@!!@. I have 4 AP classes this year
sick.gif
,yet I've become to lazy to even bring home books to study..and in class I just txt and/or browse NT on my ipod touch
laugh.gif
. It's weird I'm just feelingcompletely unmotivated right now. I hope this attitude does not continue into college this fall.

That's funny, because that is actually how I defined myself about three weeks ago...being in a rut. My situation was that I'm in my final semester ofcollege, but hardly have any classes or really no commitments, and nothing was providing excitement for me, even though I graduate soon. I still need to findout what I want to do after college and it just seemed like my daily routing was a lethargic state of going through the motions. Glady, I reevaluated myposition, and started finding things to motivate me, and now things are a lot better. The thing about ruts, though, is they are never permanent, so you shouldbe good. Just hang in until there is that one trigger that goes off and you figure things out.

Back
Top Bottom