Anyone gamble for side money or even for a living?

Originally Posted by Swamp

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Uhhm quite the opposite is true of NBA betting, its probably the toughest sport to beat out of all the major ones. I would say less than 200 living people are true lifetime winners at betting NBA.

I like to gamble, mostly on college football and baseball, they produce my best profits. College hoops is good too but tough, NFL just for fun.

Hold em is where the real $$$ is at, learning Pai Gow recently but all table games you are destined to lose at.
na its all about quarter and in game betting… stuff like betting on a home team to come on strong in the 1st quarter, that and fading the public 
laugh.gif

do you have a local that takes in game betting or do you do it strictly online?  i wish my local took in game action.

i have to agree with Hess.  I dont really mess with NBA much because its difficult as hell to cap.  Funny enough, the majority of my NBA plays were all on 1Q lines.  I would look for older teams on the back end of an away back to back where they had to travel East to West, where the home team had atleast 1 full days rest.  I did OK with that.

i bet mostly NFL for fun and also College football.  I also bet a lot of playoff NHL (but not regular season).  My bread and butter though is MMA.

I think everyone talks big when they talk sportsbetting because they have a limited memory.  They remember their big scores, but not their cumulative losses.  I started tracking all my action last year and a half and i've just been treading water for the most part.  I was up about +20units for 2012 going in to the start of NHL playoffs but I got absolutely smashed this season.  It was ugly.  I'm down about 30 units currently, with the slow season approaching (I dont really mess with baseball, so just MMA events between now and the start of football).

During busy season (fall-spring) I got full degen mode and usually have action on something almost everyday.  I just play for fun though, not like I'm tryin to miss a mortgage payment or anything like that.  For me, its as much about the rush and entertainment, as it is the money.  I'm a penny player at best, and cant hold a candle to some of the big boys.  To be honest I just dont have the stomach for it.  My unit of play is $25 and usually I wont bet more than 5-6units on a single event.  Usually if I'm betting heavier units its on a bigger favorite in an MMA fight.  Very rarely will I make more than a 2-3unit play on a Football or Hockey game.

I gamble on sports for fun and I will bet on almost anything in real life if someone is willing to take the action (pause).

Back
Top Bottom