anyone going dairy-free? I wanna go for a month vol. almond breeze

Originally Posted by scshift

Wait dairy has been linked to acne?

Well damn for the past few months I drank so much milk (about 8-9 :nerd:z glasses a day) my face kind of got messed up... I knew it had something to do with the protein
30t6p3b.gif
JonnyPizzaURDB.gif

Shut up.

Originally Posted by CJ003

I dont go dairy free, but I drink almond milk b/c its better for you. Only thing is its expensive, b/c it goes bad quickly. After opening, its only good for a week.

Wait how is almond milk better for you? (not contesting, I'm wondering because I drink a lot of milk)

It didn't have nearly the same protein content (8g vs 1g) compared to organic 1% milk and had similar amounts of calories, just more carbs.
it has more nutrients and less fat. 
almond milk is that @@+
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Well damn for the past few months I drank so much milk (about 8-9 :nerd:z glasses a day) my face kind of got messed up... I knew it had something to do with the protein
30t6p3b.gif

Shut up.

Bro I had neutrogena level skin until I started drinking mad amounts of milk. It was either the protein or the hormones, except when I take in a lot of whey these days it gets worse.

Stop trying to play MD
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i tried some almond milk at my mothers house...it was disgusting. ill stick to fat free cows milk
Last month I was trying to go on a dairy free diet.. 
Bought this..

images

I drank some and I became physically ill..
sick.gif
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Shut up.

Bro I had neutrogena level skin until I started drinking mad amounts of milk. It was either the protein or the hormones, except when I take in a lot of whey these days it gets worse.

Stop trying to play MD
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
. Your posts are always chock-full of either stupidity, ignorance, or sometimes both.  You're the definition of a pseudo-intellectual, and I can hold my tongue no longer.  You can't be older than 16.  I find myself hating Monta Ellis and  light-skinned black people just because of your posts, and I'm a mulatto myself.  You are a pariah to this board in the worst way.

Shut up.

Stop trying to play MD
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
. Your posts are always chock-full of either stupidity, ignorance, or sometimes both.  You're the definition of a pseudo-intellectual, and I can hold my tongue no longer.  You can't be older than 16.  I find myself hating Monta Ellis and  light-skinned black people just because of your posts, and I'm a mulatto myself.  You are a pariah to this board in the worst way.
gunfiring_1.gif

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

I went nondairy for 2 or so months.

Bought almond and soy milk on the regular, but not having a job makes it pretty difficult to go and buy it when half a gallon runs you 3-4 bucks.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

This post is comedy.

On topic though, I don't eat much dairy. I drink vanilla soy milk cause it tastes %*@%+%+ delicious and I'm not big on cheese or anything like that. Whey protein is about the extent of my dairy

It would be easy if I didn't love cheese so much....I haven't touched cow milk in over 5 years tho, I'm Almond Milk til DA defame

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Well my main reason for going non-dairy is to see if it clears up some of my backne. Besides that I can see the benefit of lower cholesterol, saturated fat and what have you. I think I eat enough chicken breasts for the day to cover my protein.

I wanted to get a protein powder for my workout that is not dairy based. I'm still researching it but in my ON Natural whey it contains lactase which breaks down lactose...so idk about that yet...might have to get some egg protein cuz pea/rice/hemp protein doesn't cover all the amino acids.
Everything has amino acids. The more variety you have in your diet, the less you have to worry about lack of protein. A bean and a grain and a vegetable supplies all the amino acids your body needs. And it doesn't matter if you eat them all at the same time, you don't have to. Read more on this here: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

If you're looking for a protein powder, I hear Sun Warrior is one of best vegan protein powders on the market. I'm sure it's expensive too. http://www.sunwarrior.com...ducts/sunwarrior-protein

I'm sure the effect of cutting anything from your diet will be different for everyone. Everyones body responds different.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Apparently eating dairy products lowers your brain power for a while.. which is why I don't drink milk or eat cheese or something before I study, I also try to avoid it before going to school. 
My gym teacher in high school said its not natural for humans to drink milk. I don't think there's any cons to doing this. Your body would feel better overall. Milk is heavy it slows you down and stuff.. 

Heh!
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
That's actually kind of believable, considering how much of the population is lactose intolerant. Once we're past the infant stage, there's really no need to consume milk ever.

ALMOND BREEZE FTW!!

VANILLA!!!

serious its good though...
but going dairy free is hard cause other products that you may enjoy may have reg. milk so
now you gotta screen labels and stuff...

but i feel good off that cow milk man...
i mean we the only folk that still drink that....(humans)

just had a bowl of it with honey n cheerios....
only thing almond breeze is like 3 dollars pop...1/2 gal

Shut up.

Stop trying to play MD
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
ac74he.jpg

The only time I have dairy is when I eat cereal in the morning. I have to drinking Lactaid (I'm lactose intolerant) though.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Well my main reason for going non-dairy is to see if it clears up some of my backne. Besides that I can see the benefit of lower cholesterol, saturated fat and what have you. I think I eat enough chicken breasts for the day to cover my protein.

I wanted to get a protein powder for my workout that is not dairy based. I'm still researching it but in my ON Natural whey it contains lactase which breaks down lactose...so idk about that yet...might have to get some egg protein cuz pea/rice/hemp protein doesn't cover all the amino acids.
Everything has amino acids. The more variety you have in your diet, the less you have to worry about lack of protein. A bean and a grain and a vegetable supplies all the amino acids your body needs. And it doesn't matter if you eat them all at the same time, you don't have to. Read more on this here: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

If you're looking for a protein powder, I hear Sun Warrior is one of best vegan protein powders on the market. I'm sure it's expensive too. http://www.sunwarrior.com...ducts/sunwarrior-protein
I was gonna go this "natural" protein route but I find that these types of products are way too overhyped.
I'm probably gonna settle on this + some BCAA's

image_prodprod460092_white450px.jpg

Originally Posted by daprescription

The only time I have dairy is when I eat cereal in the morning. I have to drinking Lactaid (I'm lactose intolerant) though.
Careful, you could be next on Swag Odie's list.

I became vegan in July and I've found that 8th continent soy milk is the best for cereal. Other than that, I think coconut milk is the best for drinking and cooking with. Almond breeze isn't bad, it just tastes too sweet to me.

Back
Top Bottom