Anyone got a CDL ?

I was thinking of getting a CDL to get a better job , so i can free up some time to start taking some classes . Its not my career goal , but starting salariesare around 35k and the class is only 3 weeks .35k right now would be a world of diffrence for me .Anyone on Nt have one ? How do you like it ? Where do youwork ?

da test is wild hard..i would suggest going to a course.

but once u get it jobs are LITERALLY a phone call away..its impossible to be unemployed with a CDL in a big city.

My brother got his CDL and works for the MTA as a bus driver making around 60k before taxes. He says it's cool & loves when the bus breaks down causethat's just chill time for him til a mechanic from the company comes.

yea i was looking into a job with anheuser busch or along those lines , just go to your stop drop off and roll . Too easy for like 20+ an hour . I plan ontaking the 3 week class . For 3weeks of school that pay is not bad at all imo

I wanted to do it I did the online app for the school in my area and one of the questions asked about my credit... i haven't heard from them since

i know a few people with one, most are log truck drivers... Not many log trucks rolling through a big city though
laugh.gif

Yea I know UPS/FedEx drivers make bread but it can be very stressful/strenuous supposedly.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da test is wild hard..i would suggest going to a course.

but once u get it jobs are LITERALLY a phone call away..its impossible to be unemployed with a CDL in a big city.

It's not that hard,Just alot of %%#* you have to remember..

hardest parts are the air brake test and the walk thru test..

I'm going for my CDL's next year..

Just gotta get my permit and my Job pays for the training
pimp.gif

I'm just waiting for my DOT appt.

Back
Top Bottom