Anyone gotten a conk before? vol. Tempted to try it...

Oh this.

I was thinking of a conch and thought you spelled it wrong. Go ahead and get it though :lol: Maybe you might bring it back.

GS25malcom_article.jpg

:lol: a zoot suit will compliment that conk well

do it, so then you can realize how much a trend setter you are
Tired of waves? Grow your hair out.
I had my hair long the first 16 or so years of my life, I'm tired of that. Plus the only hairstyles I can have are:

afro ( white people want to touch it, black people think "This ain't the 70's bruh)

flat top ( all the flashy urban youths are doing this, not really my thing)

I want to try it for the lulz, but the lulz won't be worth it if I get my scalp burnt
laugh.gif

The conk was a major plot device in Spike Lee's  film biography Malcolm X, based upon Malcolm X's own condemnation of the hairstyle as black self-degradation in his autobiography  because of its implications about the superiority of a more "white" appearance and because of the pain the process causes and the possibility of receiving severe burns to the scalp.

The conk was a major plot device in Spike Lee's  film biography Malcolm X, based upon Malcolm X's own condemnation of the hairstyle as black self-degradation in his autobiography  because of its implications about the superiority of a more "white" appearance and because of the pain the process causes and the possibility of receiving severe burns to the scalp.

^ to add:

"to my own shame, when i say all of this i'm talking first about myself- because you can't find any negro who ever conked more faithfully than i did. I'm speaking from personal experience when i say any black man who conks today, or any white-wigged black woman, that if they gave the brains in their heads just half as much attention as they do their hair, they would be a thousand times better off. "

-malcolm x

Last edited:
^ to add:
"to my own shame, when i say all of this i'm talking first about myself- because you can't find any negro who ever conked more faithfully than i did. I'm speaking from personal experience when i say any black man who conks today, or any white-wigged black woman, that if they gave the brains in their heads just half as much attention as they do their hair, they would be a thousand times better off. "
-malcolm x
Ma, let's improve race relations. jk.

But I'm a fly mixed whiteboi who's as black as I am white, so self-degradation is not a factor.

I like how literally NO ONE who has posted has attempted getting one, or knows anyone that tried it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ma, let's improve race relations. jk.
But I'm a fly mixed whiteboi who's as black as I am white, so self-degradation is not a factor.

I like how literally NO ONE who has posted has attempted getting one, or knows anyone that tried it :lol:

because again this isnt 1964...

more than likely if you base your scalp you wont get burned...you can use vaseline to base it...its basically a perm so if you want to perm your hair...i guess :rolleyes

it'll probably look stupid but do you...

Back
Top Bottom