Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I would say if that base could be mounted by a white wall that'd be dope. Then it'd be like the tv really appears out of nowhere.

When it comes to TV, everyone's opinion and taste is different. There's no way, the 900e is as good as an OLED, th3 blacks aren't there, the colors aren't there and it blooms at angles. Is a Full Array but no way near the zones at the 930, which is a better tv as well.

The A1E was a good tv, but IMHO, you had to turn off the processor in order to achieve what the LG was doing.

There's a reason why the LG has won the last I forgot how many TV awards.

the 900e is a very great tv for under $1000 FALD alone beats out the 930E.. i will say this if you are used to bright tvs like the samsung then the 930E is where you want to be its even edge lit like most samsungs.. Sony has the best processing in the game why turn it off if you pay that much for it.. Pictures a lot more clear with sony and you will barely see any juddering.. but the Sony Oled also cost about $1000 more.. i have the E7 and after seeing OLED with dolby vision nothing else can compare...

PS: i played bloodborne on my oled for 4 hours and got no burn in..

the 75XBR940e us has a beautiful PQ and will be getting a dolby vision update in the near future. Its a great option for a large size and good PQ vs an OLED.

Thoughts on this TV? it's only 40" but Im moving into a condo and dont think getting a massive TV would be a good look.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...t-tv-un40mu6290fxzc-dark-titan/11474511.aspx?
Someone help me out and post that pic where dude had a small *** TV with that huge empty wall behind it.

Only decision factors for you should be performance, placement, and price. Use the below chart to figure out what size and resolution are best based on your intended viewing distance then head over to rtings.com to see the best TVs based on the size https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best.
optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png

PS: i played bloodborne on my oled for 4 hours and got no burn in..

just seeing some issues on YT got me really considering a QLED over OLED

I do prefer the brightness of LED and I've had Samsung practically my whole life and no issues at all

I just don't want to worry about it a year, or two or five years from now

gon' have to check out more reports from CES too

Thoughts on this TV? it's only 40" but Im moving into a condo and dont think getting a massive TV would be a good look.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...t-tv-un40mu6290fxzc-dark-titan/11474511.aspx?

What's your condo layout like? Mine was configured so that the TV niche could only take a 40-43" screen at best and the distance from the screen to the couch was about 8' so that worked out OK.

I'd personally move in, get your bulkier furniture in place then figure out the appropriate TV size. Depending on how far away you'd be sitting from the screen, stand/mounting location you could get a 40"-55".

just seeing some issues on YT got me really considering a QLED over OLED

I do prefer the brightness of LED and I've had Samsung practically my whole life and no issues at all

I just don't want to worry about it a year, or two or five years from now

gon' have to check out more reports from CES too
I was facing the same dilemma but I have my mind set on the 65" LG OLED B7A. All the reviews say it is the best 4k TV. Checked it out at BB and Pacific Rim looked amazing on it. And it didn't look dim at all. Just hoping that price comes down to 2300 in a couple weeks. Trying to cop right before the Superbowl.

FWIW, I'm coming from a 50" Panasonic UT50 Plasma.

I've had my oled for maybe three months now and I love it. One thing to consider is how dark your room is and you'd need to turn off whatever lights behind you. The oled reflects stuff easily and imho the picture looks best when all the lights are off

Something to consider if you're watching tv in a room with a lot of natural light coming in. Because if you do have a bright room maybe you should consider a brighter tv.

I have my tv in the basement so I can get my room pretty dark. so I'm loving my oled

Last edited:
Reflection will be big factor but hopefully offset by the apt facing west. No direct sunlight until well after noon. Weekends it might get annoying during the day but I'll get some blackout curtains too.

What's your condo layout like? Mine was configured so that the TV niche could only take a 40-43" screen at best and the distance from the screen to the couch was about 8' so that worked out OK.

I'd personally move in, get your bulkier furniture in place then figure out the appropriate TV size. Depending on how far away you'd be sitting from the screen, stand/mounting location you could get a 40"-55".

This isnt my unit but its almost the same. I can either place my tv where they have it, or mount it on the wall to the left. These pics show you the distance from the couch to the wall

Attachments

• AC4C7776-FBE8-4E50-ADF9-27FA7162D5A7.jpeg
    AC4C7776-FBE8-4E50-ADF9-27FA7162D5A7.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 7183E1DE-C450-42C5-8739-4952AFF0D8E8.jpeg
    7183E1DE-C450-42C5-8739-4952AFF0D8E8.jpeg
    834.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 8ED94A8B-A9B5-4C71-B975-7D9249A221FD.jpeg
    8ED94A8B-A9B5-4C71-B975-7D9249A221FD.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Im telling you get that 55 inch TCL P series. Its not expensive and at that price point its PQ cant be beat.

Gonna look into this. Will prob hold off on purchasing one for now until I settle in and have all the important things :lol:

Anyone using LED backlighting kits with their sets? I’m intrigued by the supposed improved contrast and ambient lighting is always a cool touch when done right.
Amazon product ASIN B01BKU7B7I
DreamScreen looks cool but a little pricey.

I'm sure if you guys wait one more yr before buying anything the older oleds will go down to the same price point as the lower tier tvs. I think a 65 inch oled c7 is 1300 right now. The c7 was over 3000 at one point I believe, so who knows how much the older models could come down to.

Back
Top Bottom