Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

How was GITS?
Movie was meh but I didn’t have high expectations. Big fan of the anime so I knew the true depth of the story/universe wouldn’t be captured. To those not familiar with the anime: Its a solid but forgettable action flick that benefits from ScarJo running around in a flesh tone bodysuit.

Is the anime a show? Or a movie
Both. The live action movie is based on the og anime movie with elements of the tv series, Stand Alone Complex, mixed in. Specifically, the antagonist of the movie is a mix between the Puppet Master from the anime film and Kuze from the 2nd season of the series.

For the record... I believe the first phone with an OLED screen was the Samsung Galaxy S3, which came out in 2012

Is it just me, or does some 4K UHD content not look as good as others? I ask because I finally bit the bullet and bought the x900e, set it up on Saturday and the first thing I did was go to Netflix and look for UHD and HDR content. I watched an episode of Love season 2 and hated how it looked. The dark scenes at night were grainy, and the skin tone was terrible as well. But then I switched over to Better Call Saul which I think is 4K UHD as well and that looked pretty good. Today I started Spiderman Homecoming from the Google Play store since I got it for free and I can say that I like how this looks as well.

That first day with the tv I was really excited and then I was let down. I thought maybe I got a bad set and all weekend I've been thinking should I return it for something else. And yes, I have had made changes to the picture settings.

Of course not all 4k content is going to be the same, especially when it comes to streaming content. If you really want to see what the TV is capable of then get a cheap UHD player or Xbox One S/X and go to Blu-ray.com and check out reviews for 4K movies you might be interested in.

Is it just me, or does some 4K UHD content not look as good as others? I ask because I finally bit the bullet and bought the x900e, set it up on Saturday and the first thing I did was go to Netflix and look for UHD and HDR content. I watched an episode of Love season 2 and hated how it looked. The dark scenes at night were grainy, and the skin tone was terrible as well. But then I switched over to Better Call Saul which I think is 4K UHD as well and that looked pretty good. Today I started Spiderman Homecoming from the Google Play store since I got it for free and I can say that I like how this looks as well.

That first day with the tv I was really excited and then I was let down. I thought maybe I got a bad set and all weekend I've been thinking should I return it for something else. And yes, I have had made changes to the picture settings.
Yeah I've read the noisey pictures with 4K content is a Netflix issue and I've noticed it myself on watching some original shows on there

Anything I watch outside of that I havent had that issue look as severe

The grainy pictures may also be from the production of the 4K transfer and not your TV, like Goodfellas is a pretty noisey flick in it's 4K version

i wish most broadcasters or networks would show content or more content in 1080p than 1080i. it would take use of the capabilities of these 1080p tvs

Honestly the amount of bandwith available for your stream could change so much through out the day. I have had the same issue with 4k stuff while streaming even across other apps.

I agree with the person above the only true way to get an accurate assessment of your TVs 4k abilities is to get an actual bluray or downloaded 4k content.

I thought about getting a UHD player but still haven't decided how I want to go about my movie viewing. Physical discs vs streaming it. I don't even have a big blu ray collection. I would only get titles here and there when they were on sale. I am curious about the upscale of them, however.

I thought about getting a UHD player but still haven't decided how I want to go about my movie viewing. Physical discs vs streaming it. I don't even have a big blu ray collection. I would only get titles here and there when they were on sale. I am curious about the upscale of them, however.
Well streaming does a very fine job with uhd titles as long as you have a really good internet connection

Don't quote me but I believe peak brightness is still limited via streaming and physical media isn't.

The biggest difference between streaming and physical media is audio. If you care about dolby atmos then you would need a physical player. Some titles streamed on apps like vudu and netflix for example will claim to have dolby atmos, but as I understand it, it's not true dolby atmos.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you don't have dolby atmos speakers you can stick with just streaming unless you want to add speakers to your viewing experience.

Last edited:
seriously y'all avoid a UHD blu ray player and just get a Amazon fire 4k you will not regret it and you have an entire library of 4k movies

1889667E-01E7-4027-A5AD-BDC05324D64E.jpeg

Just hooked up this LED backlight strip Bias Lighting LED TV Backlight Strip Emotionlite USB Powered Multi Color Changed (16 Colors) RGB Tape for 60" to 70" Flat Screen HDTV LCD 24keys Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XZS29C6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_j3IGAbC5J5008. Pretty cool and it does help with contrast.

I want to add an ambilight in the back of my oled but will it ruin it ? reason I'm asking is the darker the room the better for oled and adding that will add more light...

I had a Philips ambilight and I remember it being so cool as the lights changed with whatever was on the screen

Tbh though oled isn't a very bright tv so a back-light would hurt your viewing experience, imo

If you had a brighter TV then yea go for it

Back
Top Bottom