Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Right, one of my friends has the TCL Q7 and it’s bright as hell. Probably better for her place than an OLED since she has bigger windows since MiniLEDs tend to be brighter. The colors are impressive too compared to older models. The only thing my OLED has over her TV is the black level and slightly wider color gamut, but her TV is great for the price. I think it’s actually the direct competitor with the U7, but a lot of reviewers has the U7 as the superior TV.
I got interested about OLED TV was the first time it came out with the Panasonic brand. I just fell inlove with the color richness and black levels and how the picture just pops out. the slight advantage the oled have over the miniled from what I saw is the very slight blooming and slight pop on some movie scenes. with regards to colors and blackness, the highend minileds do stand toe to toe with the oleds. I still miss my Plasma though when it comes to motion smoothness especially when watching action and sports.

movies tested with the U8K are Batman triology, both Spiderman from Tobey and Garfield, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Godzilla, Warcraft all in 4K. so far, PQ has been amazing.

My kid accidentally broke my Sony 85 inch so I replaced it with this one.

Sony - 85" Class X80K LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV

Crazy in 2019 I paid 2100 for the 85 they broke and bought a new one for 1299.

Very happy with the purchase.

slaughterx slaughterx Do you like your upfiring Atmos speakers?

The Klipsch ones that are built into my towers are ok... the KEF ones I plan on wall mounting eventually because my vaulted ceilings in the loft makes perform not as intented. Not really all that impressed with Atmos at this point but I only have height speakers in the front.

The Klipsch ones that are built into my towers are ok... the KEF ones I plan on wall mounting eventually because my vaulted ceilings in the loft makes perform not as intented. Not really all that impressed with Atmos at this point but I only have height speakers in the front.
those are fine. I'm still using my 3.1 channel Polk Audio speakers and Yamaha AV receiver as my main speakers. mixing it up with the downstreaming of audio content made it more realistic. my wife often gets fooled with the the sound coming from those speakers.

I think I am gonna give my mom my 65 inch LG C8... which means if that 77 Samsung goes on sale for $1,800 again (or less, hopefully), I might just get it to soften the blow until the 83 inch OLEDs come down some more.

currently watching House of Ninjas on the U8K and so far, the movies shines a lot on the new tv. great stuff.

just rewatched Sin City again on my U8K. damn, movie looked really superb. gonna rewatch a few more of these in the coming months. just amazing.

that means, more good and better things to come. surely, some of those G3s would still appear eventually.

Crossing my fingers this is true. I just moved into a new house and moving my current 65” oled to the loft. Want to get a 83” for the downstairs great room

Sorry it was the C3 not the G3 but still a great deal, so great that I think it was a mistake and Amazon changed it.

Back
Top Bottom