Anyone have a surface pro 4?

Thinking about selling my macbook air to get one for travel and maybe even use at work.

I see a great deal right now but i assume the 5 is around the corner.

You guys enjoy yours?

Surface Pro replacing Macbook Air is an outlandish statement to us Mac users :lol:.

Usually, Air to Pro is the theme. Physical Size wise, it is about the same .What is the motive ? Trying new OS? Looks better ? Hardware? Amazing reviews ?

Last edited:
Surface Pro replacing Macbook Air is an outlandish statement to us Mac users :lol:.

Usually, Air to Pro is the theme. Physical Size wise, it is about the same .What is the motive ? Trying new OS? Looks better ? Hardware? Amazing reviews ?

I has the 8gb i5 MBA and see a 16gb i7 SP4 for a good price. I do heavy multi tasking with VMs so id get the same portability but more power and the tablet features seem dope for one note which i can use alot at work.

Keep in mind my 15inch retina MBP is my main driver. My air i use for travel since im in school but the SP4 would open the door for me maybe even using this at work.

I have one that I mostly use for work.It works great for bouncing between VMs and such, I just hate the screen size cause I switch between it and a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen so I feel like aim going blind when looking at the sp4 screen. Just make sure you get an extended warranty on it.

Last edited:
I have one that I mostly use for work.It works great for bouncing between VMs and such, I just hate the screen size cause I switch between it and a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen so I feel like aim going blind when looking at the sp4 screen. Just make sure you get an extended warranty on it.

The extended warranty is like a 3 yr joint or something? And i assume no cost for repairs

I've had mine since it came out. Was supposed to be my work computer but I just use my desktop. I would recommend it even though I don't use it as an everyday computer, its certainly capable of handling everything my desktop can. I wouldn't wait on the 5 honestly, they still have the Surface Book out there if you need to do some heavier lifting. My manager uses the SP3 wayyyyy more than I use my 4 and does way more on his machine than I do on mine and its really not that big of a difference if any between the two, I wouldn't expect a huge upgrade in the 5

Last edited:
I've had mine since it came out. Was supposed to be my work computer but I just use my desktop. I would recommend it even though I don't use it as an everyday computer, its certainly capable of handling everything my desktop can. I wouldn't wait on the 5 honestly, they still have the Surface Book out there if you need to do some heavier lifting. My manager uses the SP3 wayyyyy more than I use my 4 and does way more on his machine than I do on mine and its really not that big of a difference if any between the two, I wouldn't expect a huge upgrade in the 5

This helped. I was looking at the Surface Book because I love the design but its just as bulky as my 15 in rMBP and I hear the battery when you use it in tablet only mode is pathetic.

Lol bet. Whats your thought on waiting on the 5?
I'd hold off until the 5. There are some compatibility issues in terms of certain applications on the 4 and windows 10 mostly due to the resolution, so I believe if you hold off, by the time you get the 5, all the kinks should be worked out.

I'd hold off until the 5. There are some compatibility issues in terms of certain applications on the 4 and windows 10 mostly due to the resolution, so I believe if you hold off, by the time you get the 5, all the kinks should be worked out.

lol already ordered bro. Biggest things I need is Office, Outlook, and ability to run multiple VMs (would be running SQL Server and Visual Studio), and then maybe some Axure if I`m not doing it on my mac. The reason I needed 16 gb ram is because I tend to have a ton of stuff running.

lol already ordered bro. Biggest things I need is Office, Outlook, and ability to run multiple VMs (would be running SQL Server and Visual Studio), and then maybe some Axure if I`m not doing it on my mac. The reason I needed 16 gb ram is because I tend to have a ton of stuff running.
You purchase any additional peripherals such as the keyboard, dock and dongle ?

You purchase any additional peripherals such as the keyboard, dock and dongle ?

Missed out on Best Buy having the Docks for 99 but I see Amazon has them for 139 so will probably cop the dock and an MicroSD card. It came with a free keyboard so I selected the joint with the finger print scanner.

Back
Top Bottom