Anyone have an MPC 2000XL? Vol.new hobby?

I always liked music, and the way producers chopped up a record, add some layers and make something new.

After many failed attempts of trying to do this on GarageBand on a MacBook, I did my googles and came to realize that this is done with a MPC 2000xl. A machine that many of the greats use.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking of copping off the strength of just playing around. Is it worth it? What's y'all take on it? Am I wasting my time/money?

you can do all of that without a mpc...i would keep playing around with samples and whatnot first.

it's a waste of money unless you are serious about it.

you sound like you don't even have your feet wet...i would hold off unless you feel like spending money

find someone you know with a mpc and see if you like it.

there's probably a beat making thread in the music forum...im sure one of them could give you more info. 

Last edited:
What's a good program I can download on the MacBook? GarageBand is hard :lol:

You don't need all that to start. Get an Akai MPK Mini and Ableton live and watch tutorials on YouTube and learn.
Garageband is the easiest software to use so if you think that's really hard you'll have a steep learning curve but if you actually do the work to learn you'll be alright.

GarageBand is a good starting point, especially if you already have it. The alchemy synth they added recently is dope :lol:

Back
Top Bottom