Anyone here agrees with this video in reference to the Deep South?

Anyone here has experiences or stories? I’m very curious. It’s very unfortunate that this is still a problem in the Deep South.

Anyone here has experiences or stories? I’m very curious. It’s very unfortunate that this is still a problem in the Deep South.

crazy thing, the southern most (deepest) part of Mississippi is nothing like this. its more like Florida.

born and raised in the midwest but lived down south for years. those back roads always made me cautious, i tried to avoid them.

he’s right though, they (the KKK) are down there frfr. i remember one time on my lunch break while turning left in my car and looking left i noticed a group of about 15 klansmen in full robe on the corner protesting something.

people walking by them like 🤷🏾‍♂️ just another day

Why is this a surprise?! Black folks shoulda left the south completely, 60 years ago. Shoulda boarded ships, on some Marcus Garvey ish.

My mom has retired to bham, Alabama and it pains me. Same woman that marched with MLK and thrived in the north (where I was born) made the decision to live out her years in po’ dunk Alabama.

That Civil Right PTSD is real. My Dad's side of the family is from Beatrice, Alabama. It was 6 of them 3 of them moved ALL THE WAY up north. The two that are alive and still in the south, my dad and his sister, swear to gawd white people are out to get them. Rightfully so though. In their youth they were. Not in a way, "They trying to hold me down!" type of way either. In a "white people are going to kill me if I'm alone with them" type way. Like they wont touch stuff white people give them, they think its poison or a trick or something. None of this is hyperbole. My pops ordered 20+ plates of food from a mom's and pop's restaurant in Camden, Al over the phone and was mad when they didn't have the order ready when he got there. "They didnt think a black guy could afford it!" Im like .."OR it could be because you made a large order a week in advance from an out of state number and didn't pay."

That Civil Right PTSD is real. My Dad's side of the family is from Beatrice, Alabama. It was 6 of them 3 of them moved ALL THE WAY up north. The two that are alive and still in the south, my dad and his sister, swear to gawd white people are out to get them. Rightfully so though. In their youth they were. Not in a way, "They trying to hold me down!" type of way either. In a "white people are going to kill me if I'm alone with them" type way. Like they wont touch stuff white people give them, they think its poison or a trick or something. None of this is hyperbole. My pops ordered 20+ plates of food from a mom's and pop's restaurant in Camden, Al over the phone and was mad when they didn't have the order ready when he got there. "They didnt think a black guy could afford it!" Im like .."OR it could be because you made a large order a week in advance from an out of state number and didn't pay."
Dang! I’m sorry they’re dealing with that trauma.

Those Deep South states are so far behind in times…smh

He’s definitely right. Florida is just as racist.

You better make sure you have a full tank of gas in certain southern states. Keep driving.

This country, more importantly the South was built off racism.

The wild thing is those southern states luv racism so much they accept being behind on damn near any metric…Long as they can keep their foot on folks necks down there they don’t care bout doing as well as other places

Hate it’s black folks there that gotta deal and live with that :smh:

The wild thing is those southern states luv racism so much they accept being behind on damn near any metric…Long as they can keep their foot on folks necks down there they don’t care bout doing as well as other places

Hate it’s black folks there that gotta deal and live with that :smh:
White Supremacy hurts them almost as much as the people they use it against. Imagine how much better their lives would be if they demanded that their leaders stop the hate and focus on economic and educational development?

What's crazy about the South is that I have met some of the nicest people down there. It's almost like you either meet "nice" white folks or them KKK cats. I can imagine how some of KKK dudes feel knowing that they have black grandchildren. Daughter went off to college and meet Tyreek. Y'all know the rest.

I remember like 2-3 years ago me, my brother and mom went to visit a family friend (old white lady in her late 70's) in Ringgold, GA. I was hoping please don't let this be a sundown town as I completed my google search about the demographics of this city as this would be my first time visiting.

Let's just say didn't we didn't get hungry or need gas until we got back to Nashville TN.

What's crazy about the South is that I have met some of the nicest people down there. It's almost like you either meet "nice" white folks or them KKK cats. I can imagine how some of KKK dudes feel knowing that they have black grandchildren. Daughter went off to college and meet Tyreek. Y'all know the rest.

I remember like 2-3 years ago me, my brother and mom went to visit a family friend (old white lady in her late 70's) in Ringgold, GA. I was hoping please don't let this be a sundown town as I completed my google search about the demographics of this city as this would be my first time visiting.

Let's just say didn't we didn't get hungry or need gas until we got back to Nashville TN.
Is this a new family friend? You think your mom and brother falling for the okie-dok? Do you no trust your family? If she was a friend of the family, why would she invite them over? If she's in her late 70's, living in rural Georgia AND messing with black folks, I think its safe to say shes cool. You thought it was the long game? I get it, you were out of your element, but don't let prejudice override common sense. Thats what THEY do. See how quickly that happened. I'm glad you got to experience it though. Sounds like you've been watching from the outside in.

EDIT: Also, Google is not a reliable source on the matter.

Last edited:

Thats something i always wondered about in regards to interracial couples, having children with someone who's family member might have deep hatred for you & your child, & having to trust that as "family"

I never want to act like Racism isn't a thing up north, but it's more of that passive aggressive brand. being a flat out in your face i hate black people type racist is kinda shunned in public out here. Instead they'll gentrify your living spaces, hold back funds, discriminate on the job, completely segregate areas etc etc

Basically find every way to stop black progress, but will proudly tell you how they aren't racist because they exchange words with a few black coworkers (usually the type who begging for white approval, the BLM types)

I never want to act like Racism isn't a thing up north, but it's more of that passive aggressive brand. being a flat out in your face i hate black people type racist is kinda shunned in public out here. Instead they'll gentrify your living spaces, hold back funds, discriminate on the job, completely segregate areas etc etc

Basically find every way to stop black progress, but will proudly tell you how they aren't racist because they exchange words with a few black coworkers (usually the type who begging for white approval, the BLM types)
Keeping it a buck, white southerners don't even mess with "Yankees" because they so fake.

Thats something i always wondered about in regards to interracial couples, having children with someone who's family member might have deep hatred for you & your child, & having to trust that as "family"
Dead ***, thats when they start coming around. If the parent is cool and the family cool, then that first time someone they don't know says something sideways about their grand baby and they see what it feels like...Thats when they have a change of heart.

Keeping it a buck, white southerners don't even mess with "Yankees" because they so fake.

Southerners will do something blatantly racist then pretend its something else like "southern pride". People are racist everywhere but in civilized parts of the country I feel like at least you have a relatively diverse coalition of people to openly match that energy. I aint trying that in a small town. :lol:

Like up North if mt neighbor puts up an American/confederate/blue lives matter combo flag im putting up my lgbtq pride BLM joint. I aint doing that in Mississippi burning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom