Anyone here come to terms with not bein able to have just 1?

al audi

Banned
I really ponder this a lot. It reminds me of DMX on Couples Therapy I seen a while back an I don't watch a lot of TV. Dude loves his wife......but like he told that Dr., If you eat the same cereal for breakfast everyday, once in a while you wanna try something different. Breaking the routine is actually good sometimes an that relates to a lot of things in life, nooooo? I mean if you do the same gym routine an never change, you're gonna get bored, start to not see results.....

I think the cereal thing is stupid. Changing cereal isn't big or life changing. Stepping out on someone... There's things that happen that can potentially ruin someone. Yea its hard to do the same thing over and over everyday but you do it for work, you do it for religion why can't you do it for someone you supposedly love?

If you are self-aware enough to realize that you aren't going to be able to live with having one partner, why would you even get married? This is silly.

Originally Posted by hugebird

If you are self-aware enough to realize that you aren't going to be able to live with having one partner, why would you even get married? This is silly.

I agree 100%, I'm not married yet, maybe that's why I been thinkin about it. I turn 27 next month so its been a real thought. I know Divorce is dumb high, I don't think I wanna go through that an front

Came to a cold hard realization of this a long time ago...
I think the cereal thing is stupid. Changing cereal isn't big or life changing. Stepping out on someone... There's things that happen that can potentially ruin someone. Yea its hard to do the same thing over and over everyday but you do it for work, you do it for religion why can't you do it for someone you supposedly love?

I think you're missing the point...Throw out social constructs for a minute and the cereal analogy makes perfect sense. We all have DESIRES to have sex with multiple people. Human nature and monogamy rival each other in a sense. Spare me the whole "well that's what separates us from animals" and "controlling your temptations" argument. Heard it all before.

Exactly.

Marriage isn't for everyone...and if you really think you'd have a hard time staying faithful to one person, then don't do it (and you'll save yourself the potential headaches down the road).  It's really that simple. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I think you're missing the point...Throw out social constructs for a minute and the cereal analogy makes perfect sense. We all have DESIRES to have sex with multiple people. Human nature and monogamy rival each other in a sense. Spare me the whole "well that's what separates us from animals" and "controlling your temptations" argument. Heard it all before.
Then why get married? Why put yourself in that situation then? Just forgo the whole thing.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Then why get married? Why put yourself in that situation then? Just forgo the whole thing.

I didn't mention marriage. 
However, a man can seek companionship with a woman and have sexual desires for other women. 

Again...I know what social constructs say...but the two aren't synonymous w/ each other. 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I agree 100%, I'm not married yet, maybe that's why I been thinkin about it. I turn 27 next month so its been a real thought. I know Divorce is dumb high, I don't think I wanna go through that an front

I'm not married yet but all of my friends who are married say that when you finally meet that right woman that you could never imagine stepping out on her not only because you don't want to hurt her but also because you truly don't want anyone else when it comes down to it.

I never had that feeling yet so that's why I'm still single. No rush either, my brother is 35 and still not married yet. Some people just happen to meet the right person earlier than others.

The divorce rate is so high because people feel societal and familial pressures to get married so they end up settling for someone and/or not being ready for marriage. I could meet the woman of my dreams right now and I would still probably f it up because I'm not ready

Gotta main $*+#*

Gotta mistress
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I don't have any plans for getting married any time soon, but even I (at 20) can feel the pressure slowly increasing concerning marriage. I honestly think that in today's world, a lot of people don't actually want to get married but choose to do so because society tells them they HAVE to. In some ways, it is a must. For some reason, if you (as an individual) are unmarried or without kids by a certain age (let's say 35,) people instantly begin to think that something is wrong with you. Not that you chose to forgo marriage, that you simply have yet to meet the right person, but that something is inherently wrong with you.

Not sure how everyone else was brought up, but when I was growing up I was always taught that getting married is apart of your voyage through adulthood. To be considered an established adult in America, you have to be married. Imagine a single person running for president. Hell, celebrities (who have access to sex and are, in general, much more desirable than the average NTer) even get married to keep up their public image.

It's something that is ingrained in our society. A lot of people don't have the will power to resist society's norms. Rather than not getting married and doing what they want, they get married so that they are accepted by society.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

I like to eat Corn Flakes and Cheerios at the same damn time!

Pretty much Lol I made this thread a week ago. I know who i am

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

marital advice from a known crackhead?
grin.gif

crackhead he is, but he makes good points from time to time. kinda makes me wonder what he would have been like off the rock consistently.

As for OP, I kinda see what you mean but that analogy is completely irrelevant to being with someone.

Originally Posted by Yeah

It's something that is ingrained in our society. A lot of people don't have the will power to resist society's norms. Rather than not getting married and doing what they want, they get married so that they are accepted by society. 

It's amazing when you sit back and examine just how conditioned we really are. We blindly follow social constructs without ever questioning them. 

DaBottom305 wrote:
I like to eat Corn Flakes and Cheerios at the same damn time!

I lol'd.
There's no way I'm committing rt now, but hopefully I'm not still humping around in my mid 30s.
Don't wanna be the old n fiending over the young chicks at the club.

WISEPHAROAH summed it up best a long time ago in a marriage thread:
As I get older and learn more and more about myself and become really grounded and centered with who I am, I realize that ultimately I probably will not meet the woman that will meet my high expectations of a marriage partner. I am definetly on a different frequency mentally and spiritually and women annoy me after a while. I'm too ambitious and selfish right now to really give someone my all. Most people get married for the wrong reasons to begin with so I never take the studies they do seriously. It is possible to have meaningful,, cultivating relationships with women that allow both of you to grow and benefit from each others presence without getting married. I'm just untraditional and free spirited, I'd rather travel the world with friends and lovers and discover the wonders of earth rather then be tied down at a house with a wife and kids.

Back
Top Bottom