Anyone here come to terms with not bein able to have just 1?

Nah.

But if you see this as being an issue get a bisexual chick...if you're not too insecure to handle that sort of thing.

I believe there can be one man for one woman, but I also believe those cases are VERY rare. When that does happen and it is genuine, it is a beautiful thing.

But we aren't meant to be with one person. It just isn't natural. Social constructs have people trying to force those "special" relationships, when in the long run it does more bad than good.

Now I wouldn't mind having that "one." But if I am dealing with a woman and it isn't super duper special, I am not going to settle and front like it is. I am going to keep doing my thing and if it never happens it never happens, AND THAT'S OK.

Nobody said it was easy but I'm sure in the long term very rewarding...I just think that at some point in your life you come to terms with the fact that YES there is a lot more to chose from, but the real rewards are in investing and building with ONE woman....doesn't mean you can't look, honestly the crave for other P is nothing but a very short lived momentary feeling....is it worth it to throw away a life time supply of good cereal for the taste of one scoop of a different one?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Nobody said it was easy but I'm sure in the long term very rewarding...I just think that at some point in your life you come to terms with the fact that YES there is a lot more to chose from, but the real rewards are in investing and building with ONE woman....doesn't mean you can't look, honestly the crave for other P is nothing but a very short lived momentary feeling....is it worth it to throw away a life time supply of good cereal for the taste of one scoop of a different one?

hmmmmm... great point at the end famb...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think the point that most are trying to make is that eventually that lifetime supply of good cereal... no matter how good it is... will eventually become stale.  I can see why people would get sick of eating the same cereal every day, and simultaneously can't knock the people who are satisfied with eating the same cereal every day. People are different, but neither is wrong in my eyes. Not societies eye's though.
grin.gif

Don't give in to the social construct of getting married, especially if you can't stay faithful. I'm working on having a handful of concubines, tho.. 

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I think the point that most are trying to make is that eventually that lifetime supply of good cereal... no matter how good it is... will eventually become stale.  I can see why people would get sick of eating the same cereal every day, and simultaneously can't knock the people who are satisfied with eating the same cereal every day. People are different, but neither is wrong in my eyes. Not societies eye's though.
grin.gif

I just think we get so caught up in the physical thought of sticking our P into some new wet P that we lose focus of what's important...I understand that The thought of monogamy is hard to grasp, hell I'm married and I have my moments of doubt, but then I realize those moment fade pretty fast, I've done my share of dating where is the same tired routine, my share of sex, where IS JUST THE SAME routine....where aside from it being a different woman, IT STILL THE SAME OUTCOME...so you guys may be satisfying that physical need, but are ignoring your long term needs....yeah you might find one girl that will understand your promiscuous ways or even one who will share your same sentiments on marriage and not want to get married, but what I'd you don't?...what if you come across good women whom you can build with and perhaps share a life with, have children with, get old with and decide, NAH BRAH THAT AIN'T FOR ME...I need new P...and she moves on to a man thats actually ready and dude reaps the benefits...meanwhile you find yourself at 60 years old, lonely...that is %**!!$# scary.
Most of you put a deadline on settling down, saying "yo at 35 I'm ready and I'll get married by 36 and have kids by 37" how do you know at that age in your life, that's how things will play out?....how do you know the women you find then will be in the same state of mind, how do you know YOU WOULD BE WORTHY or even worst, how the !+@$ do you know after years of conditioning yourself to believing Monogamy is a gimmick that one day out the blue you'll hit a switch and become monogamous???...
Bros the best piece of advice I can give you is, build on yourself, if you are a good dude, chances are you'll attract a good woman eventually, when that happens, don't throw it away because of your own insecurities...build on it....stop being so concern with sex...tone down those hormones...

grin.gif

I just think we get so caught up in the physical thought of sticking our P into some new wet P that we lose focus of what's important...I understand that The thought of monogamy is hard to grasp, hell I'm married and I have my moments of doubt, but then I realize those moment fade pretty fast, I've done my share of dating where is the same tired routine, my share of sex, where IS JUST THE SAME routine....where aside from it being a different woman, IT STILL THE SAME OUTCOME...so you guys may be satisfying that physical need, but are ignoring your long term needs....yeah you might find one girl that will understand your promiscuous ways or even one who will share your same sentiments on marriage and not want to get married, but what I'd you don't?...what if you come across good women whom you can build with and perhaps share a life with, have children with, get old with and decide, NAH BRAH THAT AIN'T FOR ME...I need new P...and she moves on to a man thats actually ready and dude reaps the benefits...meanwhile you find yourself at 60 years old, lonely...that is %**!!$# scary.
Most of you put a deadline on settling down, saying "yo at 35 I'm ready and I'll get married by 36 and have kids by 37" how do you know at that age in your life, that's how things will play out?....how do you know the women you find then will be in the same state of mind, how do you know YOU WOULD BE WORTHY or even worst, how the !+@$ do you know after years of conditioning yourself to believing Monogamy is a gimmick that one day out the blue you'll hit a switch and become monogamous???...
Bros the best piece of advice I can give you is, build on yourself, if you are a good dude, chances are you'll attract a good woman eventually, when that happens, don't throw it away because of your own insecurities...build on it....stop being so concern with sex...tone down those hormones...

For me personally the worry just isn't being enticed by just the P, but personality as well.

I don't believe in soulmates and I think there's many women out there that are great for me that I would be glad to marry. But in the back of my mind I worry that the person I'll end up with will be very good for me but not as great as others may be.

In my last relationship my ex treated me great, she was attractive, intelligent (med student) and did nothing majorly wrong but there was just something missing in the back of my mind. I could have ended up marrying her and being happy but I felt like I could have been happier - don't know if was because I had selective memory in how she didn't measure up to a couple ex's in a certain ways or it was because I was seeking something that doesn't exist

Hard to tell if my relationships don't work out because I'm not ready or because the women weren't right for me. The last 3 women I dated were all attractive, smart, had their stuff together, and we got along great so Idk

grin.gif

In my first post I said

I believe there can be one man for one woman, but I also believe those cases are VERY rare. When that does happen and it is genuine, it is a beautiful thing. 

I don't knock Monogomy. Like I said, I think it is beautiful. But at the same time I don't feel that it is natural, and more times that not trouble has come from people attempting to conform to to this non-natural behavior.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

WISEPHAROAH summed it up best a long time ago in a marriage thread:
As I get older and learn more and more about myself and become really grounded and centered with who I am, I realize that ultimately I probably will not meet the woman that will meet my high expectations of a marriage partner. I am definetly on a different frequency mentally and spiritually and women annoy me after a while. I'm too ambitious and selfish right now to really give someone my all. Most people get married for the wrong reasons to begin with so I never take the studies they do seriously. It is possible to have meaningful,, cultivating relationships with women that allow both of you to grow and benefit from each others presence without getting married. I'm just untraditional and free spirited, I'd rather travel the world with friends and lovers and discover the wonders of earth rather then be tied down at a house with a wife and kids.
I do see myself with 1 woman and kids in the future, but I definitely agree with this.

Originally Posted by youngdoc

grin.gif

For me personally the worry just isn't being enticed by just the P, but personality as well.

I don't believe in soulmates and I think there's many women out there that are great for me that I would be glad to marry. But in the back of my mind I worry that the person I'll end up with will be very good for me but not as great as others may be.

In my last relationship my ex treated me great, she was attractive, intelligent (med student) and did nothing majorly wrong but there was just something missing in the back of my mind. I could have ended up marrying her and being happy but I felt like I could have been happier - don't know if was because I had selective memory in how she didn't measure up to a couple ex's in a certain ways or it was because I was seeking something that doesn't exist

Hard to tell if my relationships don't work out because I'm not ready or because the women weren't right for me. The last 3 women I dated were all attractive, smart, had their stuff together, and we got along great so Idk

That "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality is our worst enemy, the lingering thought that we could do better...I feel you man...but comprehend that you will NEVER find the perfect woman, they all bring something different to the table, it seems your idea for the ideal mate is irrational judging from what your past few girls offered...I think you are screwing yourself by not giving yourself the opportunity to grow with these good girls you come across, because you think there might be something better, the thing is that won't change, you might/will find better...and then the thought will haunt you again and you'll move on...before you know it... you are rolling through life with the thought of "what could have been"..

I don't knock Monogomy. Like I said, I think it is beautiful. But at the same time I don't feel that it is natural, and more times that not trouble has come from people attempting to conform to to this non-natural behavior.

A lot of animals in the animal kingdom participate in monogamy and a lot of them don't. What makes it un-natural? 

Originally Posted by youngdoc

That "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality is our worst enemy, the lingering thought that we could do better...I feel you man...but comprehend that you will NEVER find the perfect woman, they all bring something different to the table, it seems your idea for the ideal mate is irrational judging from what your past few girls offered...I think you are screwing yourself by not giving yourself the opportunity to grow with these good girls you come across, because you think there might be something better, the thing is that won't change, you might/will find better...and then the thought will haunt you again and you'll move on...before you know it... you are rolling through life with the thought of "what could have been"..
Right. I'm not looking for the perfect woman because I know that doesn't exist. One of my ex's had all the personality traits I wanted but it didn't work out (it wasn't on me, it was more the circumstance) so the last two haven't quite measured up and that caused problems. I don't think I could be truly happy until I find someone that I click with as much as I clicked with her and also don't think I could be truly happy until I find someone that was as attractive as a different ex. She was bad and our sexual chemistry was
pimp.gif

I basically want to combine the best of two of my ex's lol
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

A lot of animals in the animal kingdom participate in monogamy and a lot of them don't. What makes it un-natural? 

I don't know what makes it un-natural.. I'm not a scientist lol. But scientists do. I just did a quick Google search and found this...

"So, is monogamy normal? Current scientific consensus says no, not really. When it comes to human beings, monogamous pairings have been standard practice in less than 20% of sampled societies."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/is-monogamy-natural_n_1087009.html

I like how this argument is being centered totally around sex...when in reality you can find many redeeming qualities about another woman that warrants your desire for companionship w/ her.

I can date the woman of my dreams...and still have a desire to be around other women for nothing more than a change of page and general interest in other women.

I can have my smart, educated, sexy lawyer chick who I want to build with but still crave to match wits and have fun with the wild, artsy, unpredictable chick.

That "finding the right one" argument is so flawed. The right one is whoever you want them to be.

I've come to terms with it when I think about my partner doing the same thing. I can't stand the thought of touching my girl if she's getting piped by other dudes, so I take that feeling and that prevents me from trying other cereals

I like how this argument is being centered totally around sex...when in reality you can find many redeeming qualities about another woman that warrants your desire for companionship w/ her.

I can date the woman of my dreams...and still have a desire to be around other women for nothing more than a change of page and general interest in other women.

I can have my smart, educated, sexy lawyer chick who I want to build with but still crave to match wits and have fun with the wild, artsy, unpredictable chick.

That "finding the right one" argument is so flawed. The right one is whoever you want them to be.

And do you think married men don't have thoughts of Kim K's vagina?...the crave for sex is just as natural as hunger, and we are not always hungry for the same meal everyday of our lives, marriage doesn't grant a male the immunity from craving something new...but we are not animals roaming the jungle, we have morals and self control, placing ourselves in the same category as a lion or zebra when it comes to monogamy seems like a cop out...something needs to set us apart....I find pride in being able to control my natural momentary urges for the long terms rewards, I don't know man...

My african ancestors had plenty of wives for centuries and now its frowned upon because western civilization said so?

You guys realize that women out number men something crazy right?

Men fight wars.

Men go to jail.

Men kill each other.

Some men are gay.

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

My african ancestors had plenty of wives for centuries and now its frowned upon because western civilization said so?

You guys realize that women out number men something crazy right?

Men fight wars.

Men go to jail.

Men kill each other.

Some men are gay.

Ya will find any reason or excuse to frown upon monogamy...it's watever, two sides to the peep hole, just know the young stallion days don't last forever and lettuce be cereal, you refuse to take on one wife you gonna follow your ancestors footsteps and take care of 3+ wives?...right..GOOD LUCK.

And do you think married men don't have thoughts of Kim K's vagina?...the crave for sex is just as natural as hunger, and we are not always hungry for the same meal everyday of our lives, marriage doesn't grant a male the immunity from craving something new...but we are not animals roaming the jungle, we have morals and self control, placing ourselves in the same category as a lion or zebra when it comes to monogamy seems like a cop out...something needs to set us apart....I find pride in being able to control my natural momentary urges for the long terms rewards, I don't know man...

Back
Top Bottom