Anyone here do 100 hour work weeks regularly?

Is that him actually doing it or him speaking on someone else ? Car hualing is about the same . You honestly don't make six figures until your a owner op and have 2 trucks running , or you live in your truck. Auto hualing could be lucrative but you got to have a trailer and a couple of drivers and also a secretary / dispatcher for all the paper work and to place bids.
Idk, some guy I know said he knows a guy that's an owner op with 3 trucks running that brought in $380k last year.  Not sure what they were hauling

:wow:

gotta be living in ohio for that....

in LA/the bay 100k is middle class

It's all about keeping expeses low and saving/investing your money 100K won't do it in LA though. I'm confident I will retire from corporate by 40 at the latest.

nycknicks105 nycknicks105 Wow wish I would have known this I would have really considered the IB career. As you know engineers are only told about specific career paths and IB was never mentioned lol. You are literally the first engineer I've heard about that went into IB.

Depends where you went to school as well.

You'd also be surprised how many engineers end up going to business school.

Depends where you went to school as well.

You'd also be surprised how many engineers end up going to business school.

I'm fully aware of engineers going to business school I know plenty. Almost every VP/Director/PM with a tech background has an MBA/Executive MBA.

I am debating now if I want to get my MBA from GeorgeTown after I complete my MS . I believe it will be beneficial to move into Director/VP roles, but I still have doubts if I should go after a 3rd degree.

To be honest, at first I wanted to go into IB just because it was going to pay me the most money right out of school. At the time I was interviewing for a lot of different companies covering several different industries.

It came down to IB and 2 tech companies (one start-up and one well established). At the end, IB offered me the most amount of money and I got to stay close to home.

It wasn't until after my first year I realized just how much I was interested in working with larger companies. I stuck around for 5 years for a couple of different reason:

1. Paid a lot of money.
2. I got to travel all around the world working on deals.
3. I was surrounded by incredibly bright and highly motivated people.
4. Helped me develop thick skin and get a better understanding of myself.
5. Forced me to stop acting like a kid and grow into a man with responsibilities and priorities.

Those are just a few reason why I stayed as long as I did, but during the last 2 years I wanted more. I wanted to be on the buy-side, but also get an education to broaden my scope and perspective. I wanted to also network with some of the brightest students the world had to offer, but I told myself I wouldn't go to business school unless I was going to a top 3 program. I applied, and went through the process of submitting my application and got lucky enough to get into one Hell of a program.

For some people business school is a way to change a career path, meet different people, or to start all over. For me, I just wanted to take a break and recharge my mind and see what else is out there. I wouldn't have learned any of this if it wasn't for my time in IB.
thank you for taking the time to answer, repped. I can def respect your decision and reasons behind it

Bruh...my Coworkers spend at least 2 hrs a day just on small talk. **** is wild distracting. Rather be at the crib with some peace and quiet.
2 hours is not that much.  I know a lot of people that spend 4-6 hours a day socializing in the office
This is why im happy I work in IT.

After about 30 minutes dudes know to stop talking. Most of us are men so when they get to gossiping, 'Are we women now?'

Boom conversation over. Love it. At work rn.

Last week I worked 48 hrs and absolutely hated it. I accepted the extra shifts to have some additional spending money for the semester in school, but damn did I hate it. I've read some of the posts in here about 50-60 hr work weeks and that life is definitely not for me. I would rather take less pay and have more time to spend with my family and friends.

Last week I worked 48 hrs and absolutely hated it. I accepted the extra shifts to have some additional spending money for the semester in school, but damn did I hate it. I've read some of the posts in here about 50-60 hr work weeks and that life is definitely not for me. I would rather take less pay and have more time to spend with my family and friends.
You won't be seeing much of them anyways. They'll be working also and the times to hang out Monday Wednesday hangouts will die for the most part. Might as work and make more money so you can maximize your Thursday - Sunday time.

Last edited:
This is my last semester. And I am not sure what life I am about :smh:

It really seems like everyone I know who makes good money works a ton.

I have 50k in debt so I GOTTA make money :smh:

Brehs

im not even on the schedule for one job this week. can kinda show up and leave as i want. fckn joy. i can never be late :smile: tryna do Sunday through thursday..hope this continues actually

I work roughly 60 hours a week, , the extra 40 hours in OT definitely helps come pay day. Your body definitely gets used to it after a while and by the time you work just an 8hr shift, it feels like nothing. I guess it all depends on what you do and how taxing it is on your body. I used to think 100k was enough, now it seems like a decent level of comfort if you"re in the NY/NJ, gotta figure out how to get to 150/200 soon :smh:

Working long hours is just mentally draining.

I don't have a physically taxing job at all but I still be beat down after a busy week

You won't be seeing much of them anyways. They'll be working also and the times to hang out Monday Wednesday hangouts will die for the most part. Might as work and make more money so you can maximize your Thursday - Sunday time.

Honestly man working a lot of hours Mon-Thurs would be ideal for me and getting Fri-Sun off.

Honestly man working a lot of hours Mon-Thurs would be ideal for me and getting Fri-Sun off.
The company that my brother works for does that, it's fairly common. This is actually the second company that he's worked for that offers that. I will tell you that it turns into ten hour days and on Fridays from time to time he ends up logging in and working anyways but more often than not he has the Friday to himself.

Sidebar I'm at work right now :lol: :lol: had some stuff due Monday that I didn't finish Friday.

The company that my brother works for does that, it's fairly common. This is actually the second company that he's worked for that offers that. I will tell you that it turns into ten hour days and on Fridays from time to time he ends up logging in and working anyways but more often than not he has the Friday to himself.

Sidebar I'm at work right now :lol: :lol: had some stuff due Monday that I didn't finish Friday.

A buddy of mine that works for a smaller PE shop works mostly Monday-Thursday, but pulls in 10hr/day.

Just put in 19 hours and counting

Turns out that Dell poweredge 1800 servers have a defect in their redundant power supplies 
mean.gif

I'm taxing for the work... but this IT ish gets annoying sometimes

Turns out that Dell poweredge 1800 servers have a defect in their redundant power supplies 
mean.gif

one of my friends is in IT and did a 21 hour shift.  He made $1,890 for that shift though

mean.gif

one of my friends is in IT and did a 21 hour shift.  He made $1,890 for that shift though
I'll only make about half that because the client has a set monthly fee that covers a certain portion of work.

All the months with no issues kinda pays off tho

Last edited:

I'll only make about half that because the client has a set monthly fee that covers a certain portion of work.

All the months with no issues kinda pays off tho
Yeah a lot of times the jobs he's flown out for were so easy, very little work and almost a free trip.  But the times when **** goes wrong it ends up being like this 

Back
Top Bottom