Anyone here go to a prestigious university?

I got letters asking for donations for the graduating class. Talkin bout they need 10k

Not graduating till December. Still not even gonna give them money. They got a lotta nerve to send us that crap

They were asking me for money and also asking for updates on whether or not I've been employed at the same time. Like damn, let me get a job, then pay off my debt, then maybe I'll make a donation. :smh:

They were asking me for money and also asking for updates on whether or not I've been employed at the same time. Like damn, let me get a job, then pay off my debt, then maybe I'll make a donation. :smh:

When they want money from you they all over you like a hawk. But when they owe you a refund check they take their sweet time

you not happy being a terp OP?
laugh.gif
 Trust, I am. Just wondering if there were anyone on NT that went to those real prestigious schools

My university has been calling my house for donations since I got in. Never understood asking for donations from a student currently paying tuition.

Your boy lied... Ivy's don't give athletic scholarships (not saying he didn't go there and maybe they just got creative with his merit scholarship awards).

Just graduated from Yale (MBA) and did a study abroad semester at LSE&PS (London School of Economics and Political Science). My brother goes to Yale also.

I am the furthest thing from being an intellectual.
CMBWHODI is right.  Jeremy Lin had to pay this whole way thru Harvard....but he chose Harvard because they let him start. 

CMBWHODI is right.  Jeremy Lin had to pay this whole way thru Harvard....but he chose Harvard because they let him start. 

Lol. You really think Jeremy Lin had 0 financial aid?

btw the average financial aid package at harvard is 42k according to collegeboard

Last edited:

btw the average financial aid package at harvard is 42k according to collegeboard
His parents made a lot of money, you think he had financial aid?  My point is he still didn't get a scholarship and had to pay something.  He didn't get a free ride.  

His parents made a lot of money, you think he had financial aid?  My point is he still didn't get a scholarship and had to pay something.  He didn't get a free ride.  

didnt he get an academic scholarship? which they basically hand out to athletes

anyone go to a liberal arts school?

Last edited:

Yes of course he had financial aid according to harvards own stats 70% of their students receive aid and over 20% of the students families pay nothing. Ivy League schools have money, yes they don't have academic scholarships but they still can hook it up. My friend used to get letters from Brown obviously they would of helped finding aid if he accepted it. Many schools have their own internal grants as well, if a student doesnt qualify for a pell the school can find other grants and package something up). Just even academically qualifying for an Ivy will allow you to receive a ton of third party merit scholarships by just applying for them.

i went to the universal safety school if someone wanted to attend college in the nation's capital 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Don't want to be that guy but penn state is like 2 tiers below the schools OP is inquiring about, at best
Depends on who you ask and how you're defining prestigious.

The College of Engineering, where I'm currently studying, is one of the top in the nation. Same with the Smeal College of Business.

ayyyyye #1 pub checking iiiiin
In HS i wanted to go really really bad to an ivy league solely for the prestige boy was that 17-year old hubris high :lol: whenever I'm out giving presentations to local highschools I make it imperative to drive that idea out of kids heads. Just cuz you go to a top-20 university after HS don't make you the ****. On the flip side just cause you attend a CC after HS don't make your self-worth a pile of ****

Went to a Liberal Arts college that usually ranks in the Top 10-15 in that category and I've seen it Top 25-30 on lists of top colleges+universities.

Almost got kicked out twice :lol: But graduated.

Majored in sociology. I knew I wanted to work in music so I did a bunch of independent study courses geared towards music and did the same with my thesis.

Last edited:
Don't want to be that guy but penn state is like 2 tiers below the schools OP is inquiring about, at best

Don't be an ******* now. Penn State is a good school.

BTW, your username is hilarious. Hope you don't actually work for JPM :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom