Anyone here like GRADUATION more than LR & CD?

College Dropout: Incredible album with some masterful songs (Spaceship, Slow Jams, Never Let Me Down, etc). Nothing wrong with this album at all, just that thenewer ones made it sound kind of dated. It seriously stops flowing toward the end of the disc tho'...WAY too many skits and one or two filler tracks.

Be: This album was as much Ye's as it was Common's....some of my favorite beats of all time (Chi-City, Real People) are on this joint. Perfect album.

Late Registration: A masterpiece. Take off "Golddigger" and "Bring Me Down" and we have a contender for one of the best albums ever madeany genre. Almost had a seizure hearing "Addiction" and "Late" the first time.

Graduation: Another masterpiece. "I Wonder" is a work of art along with "Flashing Light", "Good Life" etc. Could live without oneor two songs on here though.

808: Perfect 10/10.

Seymore CAKE wrote:
I prefer it to LR, not saying its better it just my preference. LR is too %@**!+% depressing
smh.gif

True! (I'm not including 808s in this comparison)

Bring me down seems to get a lot of hate... One of my favorite songs off LR.

Glad LR is being mentioned in here as some of Ye's best work, it grew to be my favorite album of his.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Glad LR is being mentioned in here as some of Ye's best work, it grew to be my favorite album of his.

That song is uber annoying. Recyled lyrics from a well known song (Wack Ninjas)...an overly dramatic beat....and Brandy...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I prefer it to LR, not saying its better it just my preference. LR is too %@**!+% depressing
smh.gif
GOD HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!!
smh.gif

With that said Late Registration is a perfect album. Kanye may never top it

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

imo, LR is his best album, CD second, Graduation third, and 808's fourth.
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

C'mon man, I spect more from an open minded individual like yourself. Have you given the album a try yet? or you're just refusing to give it a spin?

I have not given the album a shot. I was really disappointed with Graduation. True there were some good tracks on there (particularly Flashing Lights andHomecoming) but that album has some of the worst songs I've ever heard before (Barry Bonds and Hot and Drunk Girls
sick.gif
) Overall though, it was still a goodalbum and I still enjoyed it. As for 808's and Heartbreak, I didn't like any of the songs I heard that leaked or were singles. Not a single one. Ilistened to Heartless, Robocop, Love Lockdown, Street Lights, and Coldest Winter. I didn't feel any of it. When I first heard Kanye was going to be singingin autotune on 808's I thought it'd be a bad idea but I was interested anyway. Gave those tracks a spin and it was just so damn disappointing. I cameto like Kanye because of College Dropout and songs like Spaceship or Two Words. Maybe I should give 808's a spin but that's just how I feel right nowbased off what I have heard.

edit: I didn't give any love to Late Registration. It's an amazing album and right up there with College Dropout. Addiction, Late, Roses
pimp.gif

I like CD the least out of all his albums actually...but I love them all.

808's
LR
Graduation
CD

LR and Graduation can switch any given day.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

College Dropout: Incredible album with some masterful songs (Spaceship, Slow Jams, Never Let Me Down, etc). Nothing wrong with this album at all, just that the newer ones made it sound kind of dated. It seriously stops flowing toward the end of the disc tho'...WAY too many skits and one or two filler tracks.

Be: This album was as much Ye's as it was Common's....some of my favorite beats of all time (Chi-City, Real People) are on this joint. Perfect album.

Late Registration: A masterpiece. Take off "Golddigger" and "Bring Me Down" and we have a contender for one of the best albums ever made any genre. Almost had a seizure hearing "Addiction" and "Late" the first time.

Graduation: Another masterpiece. "I Wonder" is a work of art along with "Flashing Light", "Good Life" etc. Could live without one or two songs on here though.

808: Perfect 10/10.
laugh.gif

YO!
Originally Posted by retr0sexual

Originally Posted by jomitm

anyway, can i be the only person who actually LIKES (or DOESN'T hate) Drunk and Hot Girls?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You're not alone, my dude. If nothing else, the DAHG beat is epic.

Indeed. I jam that too.

DF!!!

::

"Crack Music" is probably one of the top threee Kanye songs I have played the most out of his whole catalog

::

flashing lights is kanye's best song of all time. period. it'll probably stay that way, too.. that's ye's one universal song that connects witheveryone across the world and he'll perform that for the rest of his career.

drunk and hot girls ftw!

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
I could have done without Barry Bonds as the middle track, heck I could have done without it all together.
Can I be the only person who actually LIKES that track?

DF!!!
nah. his swag was on 10 hilarious on that one. weezy coulda had a better verse though.

anyway, can i be the only person who actually LIKES (or DOESN'T hate) Drunk and Hot Girls?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You're not alone, my dude. If nothing else, the DAHG beat is epic. [Steve Nash] Yeah, I said it. [/Steve Nash]

Dudes really dislike Graduation this much? The only songs I don't like are Champion and The Glory (because of their beats. I know I'll get flambayed for this.)

Ricky, you're my dude and all...but you're buggin'....
laugh.gif

In orders of play potential in the whip

Graduation = 808s > LR < CD

BUT...

In terms of quality

LR > CD> 808s > Graduation

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
I could have done without Barry Bonds as the middle track, heck I could have done without it all together.
Can I be the only person who actually LIKES that track?

DF!!!
nah. his swag was on 10 hilarious on that one. weezy coulda had a better verse though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You're not alone, my dude. If nothing else, the DAHG beat is epic. [Steve Nash] Yeah, I said it. [/Steve Nash]

Dudes really dislike Graduation this much? The only songs I don't like are Champion and The Glory (because of their beats. I know I'll get flambeed for this.)

Ricky, you're my dude and all...but you're buggin'....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I just can't vibe with that Lion King opening theme%%@*%$+% at the end of Champion.

As far as The Glory, after hearing the Bonnaroo freestyle, I just always thought the words would be placed on a darker/slower/less-hype beat.

LR > CD > Graduation >>>>> 808's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tha Carter III (lol Idnno)

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

That song is uber annoying. Recyled lyrics from a well known song (Wack Ninjas)...an overly dramatic beat....and Brandy...
laugh.gif

You trippin, probably my favorite song on LD, but it really could do without Brandy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom