anyone here live in or been to PHX? trip in 2 weeks.

I had a ball when I went, however, it was also nba all star weekend. I can't really remember any of the clubs names right off bat but I'll think about it.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

If you're black or hispanic, plan a trip elsewhere.

why
nerd.gif

I went for the Fiesta Bowl. Was only in town for a couple days but I thought the Glendale and Scottsdale areas were better than Phoenix as far as bars and restaurants went.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

If you're black or hispanic, plan a trip elsewhere.

Huh? Anyways, the guy above me is right, Pizzeria Bianco is incredible pizza if your in downtown PHX. Scottsdale is where all the clubs/girls/restaurants/golf courses are. Hike Camelback Mtn. if you are an outdoors person. Tempe is 15 minutes away from PHX and Scottsdale, thats where ASU is, ridiculous scenery. Let me know if you have any other questions. Weather is 75 degrees today.

I have lived in Mesa/Tempe for the last 5 years. What side of town are you staying on? Downtown Phoenix is pretty whack as far as night life. Everything closes early unless there is a Suns game that night. They have club PHX but it is pretty hood. For clubbing you are either gonna want to go to ASU or Scottsdale. My favorite bar is Gilligans in Scottsdale. It is a pretty chill bar they have different activities like beer pong and goldfish racing. They also have a ****** bar and a ****** bartender. Girls take shots with sex toys and stuff. Also, it is in the same area as all the big night clubs like Myst and Axis Radius. I have heard good things about the Spanish Fly as well:
http://www.azcentral.com/best/2011/...1-critics-spanish-fly-mexican-beach-club.html 

I cant remember the last time I went down to Mill (main street of ASU campus). I think a lot of the clubs changed names but you can just go down there and see what is the most poppin' and you're bound to get into something.

Pizza Bianco is really good. However, I would go there for lunch because there is a super long wait at dinner time 2-3 hours. If you want some really good mexican then Los Olivos in Old Town Scottsdale is good or Los Taquitos:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/local/az-phoeniz/los-taquitos-grill-restaurant/index.html

I would also grab some lunch from the Cornish Pasty. They have banging pastys :

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cornish-pasty-company-tempe#hrid:sq8n_K5sx_wRsM1MiXUE2w

It sucks that I have lived here for 5 years and have not experienced as much as I should have in terms of good food places.

Bar hopping on Mill Ave is fun
All the fun stuff is in the east valley
Out west theres really nothing to do except West Gate in Glendale

PM me if you want some more info

I went last year and the thing I remember most was finishing a fully loaded 22" hot dog from Alice Cooperstown downtown

Your hotel is close to the "Biltmore" area at 24th St. and Camelback Rd. Lots of good restaurant's and shopping there, Apple store, Ralph Lauren, nice steakhouses etc. Scottsdale Fashion Square is the best mall, tons of eye candy, 5 minutes from the Biltmore area and thats where all the good bars/clubs are. I wouldn't waste my time anywhere other than Tempe, Phoenix or Scottsdale personally.

Back
Top Bottom