Anyone here work for or ever worked at The Gap?

Just got hired today pending a background check. Problem here I also got hired last week at Sonic Electronix. I figured i would go to the Gap interviews anyways just for giggles, figuring I had nothing to lose. The manager told me I would be working a bundle of hours since its a high revenue store in the region.
She did not mention pay, benefits, or discounts.

If I can somehow work both jobs I will, but in case I can't can anyone shed some light on the important details of working for the Gap?

Just got hired today pending a background check. Problem here I also got hired last week at Sonic Electronix. I figured i would go to the Gap interviews anyways just for giggles, figuring I had nothing to lose. The manager told me I would be working a bundle of hours since its a high revenue store in the region.
She did not mention pay, benefits, or discounts.

If I can somehow work both jobs I will, but in case I can't can anyone shed some light on the important details of working for the Gap?

Yea I worked there for a little bit. Honestly, the check wasn't on scratch. They used to put me in the back and pat me, thinking I stole khakis. I did steal but I never was caught. It wasn't really my fault; they were mean to me. Let some of my people walk in and they would then only bring me out and put me all in the front of the store. Oh damn then they loved Hank. Would smoke blunts on my lunchtime breaks but the job wasn't really helping me reach my goals. So, I quit and told them "welcome". They didn't know my struggle; they couldn't match nor catch my hustle. I was the type of dude who would lock himself in the basement for 3 summers; I deserved better. Thus, The Gap was not for me.

Yea I worked there for a little bit. Honestly, the check wasn't on scratch. They used to put me in the back and pat me, thinking I stole khakis. I did steal but I never was caught. It wasn't really my fault; they were mean to me. Let some of my people walk in and they would then only bring me out and put me all in the front of the store. Oh damn then they loved Hank. Would smoke blunts on my lunchtime breaks but the job wasn't really helping me reach my goals. So, I quit and told them "welcome". They didn't know my struggle; they couldn't match nor catch my hustle. I was the type of dude who would lock himself in the basement for 3 summers; I deserved better. Thus, The Gap was not for me.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

eh atleast you put it some time

eh atleast you put it some time

How much time did you spend with this....
laugh.gif

PS- Not laughing with you, laughing at you,
laugh.gif

How much time did you spend with this....
laugh.gif

PS- Not laughing with you, laughing at you,
laugh.gif

Is that where you wrote College Dropout?

Is that where you wrote College Dropout?

Gap sucks, Im a visual manager at BR and its alright. I work at the flagship here in NY. Only reason I'm stll here is because of the benefits. 2nd job pays what i make in 2 weeks in 3 days.

Gap sucks, Im a visual manager at BR and its alright. I work at the flagship here in NY. Only reason I'm stll here is because of the benefits. 2nd job pays what i make in 2 weeks in 3 days.

I work at Banana Republic, which is under Gap if you didn't know, and it's pretty easy.  Discounts are awesome.  Most times I save more money then I spend.  Worst part is working in the fitting room when it's busy, best part is being on the floor and talking to customers.

I work at Banana Republic, which is under Gap if you didn't know, and it's pretty easy.  Discounts are awesome.  Most times I save more money then I spend.  Worst part is working in the fitting room when it's busy, best part is being on the floor and talking to customers.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Retail 
sick.gif

Diligently trying to get out right now (Victoria's Secret). My check is actually pretty decent & very good compared to other coworkers who've been there longer & have the same status though. However, the inconsistencies with hours & schedule, the busted broads I work with, and dealing with people in this environment is belittling (to me at least). I also don't like how coworkers prey on Spanish speakers & lower income folks when trying to convert credit card applications.

All in all, retail is cool for a summer when you don't have any other responsibilities. Good luck trying to leave the job at the time you're scheduled to leave too.

Back
Top Bottom