Anyone know how to fix my computer? Vol. no sounds, wont open songs

I boot my computer up and play a song and it's okay then suddenly they won't work anymore. This started all of a sudden, did a scan but no virus. Restarted computer several times.

Youtube videos play but there's no sound. If I play a song, it says windows media player can't open the file. If I try itunes or vlc, it'll open the file and play but no sound comes out. Using headphones doesn't work either

I try going to control panel and test the speaker but it says a third party application is using it

Anyone know a fix?

maybe your sound card/board is faulty? it's probably on it's last legs.

Another way to check is to connect your speakers to some other source to eliminate the theory it's the speakers.

Also find some other speakers connect to your PC and see if there's still no sound, then that means it's the sound board/card.

Did you install something new recently, it maybe conflicting with the sound software/drivers.

Last edited:
Its a laptop I bought a year ago. I'm thinking its software related. This issue just started a few days ago. Sound is fine if I quickly open a song before computer fully boots up, guess something loads after PC is done booting up that's causing conflict

Alright I fixed it. Right clicked speakers in control panel and unchecked the box 'let applications take exclusive control of sound'. sound all good now thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom