Anyone know how to reset Firmware password on Macbook Air?

I know for older Mac's there were multiple ways around it. My dad was given a Macbook Air and it has a firmware password. Does anyone know how to remove it? Any genius bar employees? Thanks

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

I know for older Mac's there were multiple ways around it. My dad was given a Macbook Air and it has a firmware password. Does anyone know how to remove it? Any genius bar employees? Thanks

you can remove it by telling your dad to ask the person that gave it to him

Originally Posted by go rilla

you can remove it by telling your dad to ask the person that gave it to him
It was given to him by his company. But, of course he can't take it to them and ask for it.

^that makes sense, a company gives you something but doesnt give you the necessary information you need to use it 
eyes.gif

^that makes sense, a company gives you something but doesnt give you the necessary information you need to use it 
eyes.gif

He has the admin password. But, when he tries to get into the Netboot server or verbose mode it requires a different password.

eyes.gif

my guess is that he is an EX employee, why would they give said person an admin password, typically companies have the SAME admin password for every machine on their network, so therefore they wouldn't give it to him.

in all honesty, i would get a disc, and reload the OS from scratch.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Who did you steal this Mac from ?

Not stolen. He has the regular password and can use the laptop fine. But, when he tries to run something like a diagnostics test through the boot screen it requires a different password that he never got.

Not stolen. He has the regular password and can use the laptop fine. But, when he tries to run something like a diagnostics test through the boot screen it requires a different password that he never got.
so whats preventing him for asking for it?

No longer works for the company. And doesn't want to ask. Kind of like going back to your place of work after being fired/laid off.

No longer works for the company. And doesn't want to ask. Kind of like going back to your place of work after being fired/laid off.
Why don't you call up the company and ask for him?

Back
Top Bottom