Anyone Live In The College Station/Bryan Tx Area?

I will be moving there in about a month.
I was curious about the job market and what is there to do?

This is for A&M students:

If you want a job, check out the 12th Man Foundation. You'll most likely be in the call center, BUT they don't work after an Aggie loss in football, sonot much working at all. Don't worry though, they schedule normally and you get paid for all your scheduled hours. You get bonuses for selling tickets andmemberships when you do work. Its mostly 10 hrs/wk. You can volunteer to work parking before football games. Work about 5 hrs, just checking parking passes.Get free food, free parking and paid for 8 hours, and still get off an hour before the game. Free beer if you make nice with the big donors who tailgate!

But I think the best job is working for 12th Man Productions. They do the in-game video and broadcast stuff for the athletic department. They hire mostlyfreshmen though, email them NOW if that sounds interesting.

Other jobs: anything a student would do should be open. Retail, food service. Kids leave for the summer you know. I worked at the basketball facilities, andthere are non-students working there. DO NOT work for Reynolds & Reynolds. It sucks, managers suck, hours suck, work sucks, pay is ok, but it is a LOT ofBS. I didn't work there, but I know tons of kids who did.

To do? Lots of stuff, depends on what you are into. If you're under 21, forget most of Northgate if you're Male (prob). STILL though, a country town.

Dang, PM if you want more info, I went to A&M 06-08.

Also might want to check into working at the Rec Center or at the Battallion in the MSC----worked there 'til I graduated and basically got payed to come inand study. You're best bet, if you're a student, will be to work somewhere on campus or possibly waiting/bussing tables or bartending (if you're ofage). It's a VERY conservative town but it's cool. PM me as well if you need anymore info.

Back
Top Bottom