Anyone mess w/ food personality, Eddie Huang?

Fresh off the Boat : The Book was fire. I'm about 1/5 into his new book Double Cup Love. It's a little deeper than FOTB foresure.

Eddie Huang is such a hypebeast culture vulture. Can't stomach his show.

Dude was rocking a Hector Lavoe tank top in Vietnam and making references to Killa Cam. What a try-hard clown.

Maybe you should read or watch what he says about why he loves hip-hop so much. Dude is the furthest thing from a culture vulture. He appreciates and respects it more than you can imagine.

I see where he is coming from.... I just think sometimes he slides in too many jokes and references things that the interviewee doesn't get. I know what he's about and he's cool but it makes me uncomfortable hearing him mention Dipset in front of an old White guy making chicken fried steak.

Met him at his book signing. Maybe he was having a bad day but dude yelled at me for being slow to take a picture when the girl in front of me who was by herself asked if I could do her a favor and take a picture for her. When I went up to get my book signed dude didn't even look at me. I tried apologizing to him and he just looks up scribbles in my book and his handler told me to move on. Needless to say his book is still on my desk waiting to be read. Not sure if I'm ever going to. Dude kind of left a bad impression with me.

:lol:

Book signings are insane. Someone I follow on Snapchat released a book (nowhere near the magnitude of Huang's) and she was freaking out before her book signing. Talking about she don't really wanna be there, but at the same time she has love for her supporters. It's just not an ideal setting for some people. Impossible to have a human connection when there's a line that needs to keep moving.

I've seen almost every episode ..even the layover and no reservations..it looks like he is falling asleep and is trying to hard to look engaged in whatever conversation he's having..he definitely has one of the best jobs out there..but I guess anything gets redundant after awhile

Last edited:
Action Bronsons show>

They took his youtube spots from Vice and put them on Viceland, obviously edited :lol:

Bronson is hilarious...the seattle episode was wild when he cooked the clams :lol: :rofl:

I can do w/o Big Body Bes, tho....

Dude was rocking a Hector Lavoe tank top in Vietnam and making references to Killa Cam. What a try-hard clown.
Exactly the guy try's to hard to be down. I'm sure People relate to his upbringing. That's how he gets you lookin. I can't hate tho.

Yeah, he definitely comes off as a try-hard. I kinda like how he dresses loud though. I have the same polo beacon hoody he wears in the intro sequence for his show.

I can relate to him in certain ways like growing up in the 80s chinese american with traditional chinese parents and also dating and ******* with white women and liking hip hop, weed, food etc.  I didnt grow up in the suburbs and parents weren't rich like his though. 

Watched two of his episodes of Huang's World on Viceland last night. He's a man of principle and will not stand for exploitation. There was an instance where he was in Orlando and visited something called the Sausage Castle. It was about as disgusting of a place as you can find. Degenerates all over. The dude who ran the place was culturally insensitive and Huang was not having it. He (Huang) pretty much said he can't roll with what they were doing and just walked off. When the dude who ran the Sausage Castle came and asked Huang what was up, Huang stated his reasons. I got a lot of respect for him...

My writing really does no justice of this scene. If you can find it on youtube, it's worth the watch.
When I watched that episode, the first thing that crossed my mind was "OH HELLLLLL NAWW" lol. I knew he was gonna say something to the owner. Eddie is the homie and always sticks to his principles. 

Furthest thing from the truth, and that's coming from someone that knows him personally for almost a decade. 
I like his show and I respect how much he appreciates the culture.

That and Bauhaus is pretty delicious.
Hit me up next time you plan on comin thru to Baohaus!
Met him at his book signing. Maybe he was having a bad day but dude yelled at me for being slow to take a picture when the girl in front of me who was by herself asked if I could do her a favor and take a picture for her. When I went up to get my book signed dude didn't even look at me. I tried apologizing to him and he just looks up scribbles in my book and his handler told me to move on. Needless to say his book is still on my desk waiting to be read. Not sure if I'm ever going to. Dude kind of left a bad impression with me.
Sorry to hear that man. I know his book tour had him on some crazy schedule.
Don't like this dude. He's corny to me. Everytime I turn to vice this dude is on and i turn immediately.
Why is he corny to u?
Yeah, he definitely comes off as a try-hard. I kinda like how he dresses loud though. I have the same polo beacon hoody he wears in the intro sequence for his show.
I must be getting old bc I've never heard the term "try-hard" till now ha. I'm not gonna try and defend every negative comment bc everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

You mean this one lol

Last edited:
He started filming season 2 already
Can't wait
Him and Bronson need to collaborate on an episode
Wouldn't mind seeing Body or Lauren on it either

dj52hov55ki31.jpg

I can listen to Eddie for days because his thoughts are always thought out and he does what he can for the culture. Read both his books in a weekend and I felt like the dude lived my life. I'm from Taiwan originally too and all the struggles he went through spoke to me.

He's openly talked about having some anger issues and can be volatile, so the story above about him being a jerk at his book signing doesn't surprise me. Would love to know what happened with him and Julie.

I read his Fresh Off The Boat book and saw the first season of the show but stopped watching after that. I also went to Baohaus once, had the Birdhaus Bao. A bit expensive and a long wait but delicious.

I say that to say this- you can't give up meat but then still profit from it. So unless he pivots the restaurant to vegan cuisine, that post ain't about nuffin.

I liked his show Fresh off The Boat, watched a couple seasons of that. Constance Wu:pimp:

I can listen to Eddie for days because his thoughts are always thought out and he does what he can for the culture. Read both his books in a weekend and I felt like the dude lived my life. I'm from Taiwan originally too and all the struggles he went through spoke to me.

He's openly talked about having some anger issues and can be volatile, so the story above about him being a jerk at his book signing doesn't surprise me. Would love to know what happened with him and Julie.

julie who?

Big Body Bes is about as fraudulent as they come I’m not even trying to hear that nonsense lol!

Put some respek on Huang’s name though.

His book recommendations are A-1!

And while I completely understand the annoyance many feel with his constant Diplomats, Mobb Deep, 90’s hip hop references, by that same token, you can Tell that he lived and breathed that stuff as a kid and hasn’t used it as a means to gain credibility or to “get on”. He seems to be a thoughtful guy from what I can tell... and the Taro fries at baohaus are pretty good too!

Back
Top Bottom