Anyone on here own a Nook Color?

whyhellothere

Banned
Thinking about getting one to use as a tablet
How is the battery life with the wifi on?
How is flash performance out of the box?
Is it difficult to install custom roms?

battery life is pretty good, screen is nice. But no camera and u'll have to do some hacking to get it to work as a full blown tablet.

battery life is pretty good, screen is nice. But no camera and u'll have to do some hacking to get it to work as a full blown tablet.

good looks

Originally Posted by lilfalconsfan

My mom owns a nook color and i can tell that battery life is good

is she running the stock os?

Originally Posted by eddie

meh, dont really need a camera for this.
I was watching this video on how to install CM7

Doesn't seem too difficult.� Only major thing im stuck on is the flash player performance. I know they updated the stock rom to 2.2 which has support for flash but im not sure which rom would be best for it.

good looks

Originally Posted by lilfalconsfan

My mom owns a nook color and i can tell that battery life is good

is she running the stock os?

meh, dont really need a camera for this.
I was watching this video on how to install CM7

Doesn't seem too difficult.� Only major thing im stuck on is the flash player performance. I know they updated the stock rom to 2.2 which has support for flash but im not sure which rom would be best for it.

bought one for my girl, battery life is real good, screen is nice, i wanted to root it but she wouldnt let me lol
30t6p3b.gif

bought one for my girl, battery life is real good, screen is nice, i wanted to root it but she wouldnt let me lol
30t6p3b.gif

for the price you can just wait till better tablets come out. Add 50 bucks to the price and you can get a ipad1 which is superior or a way more powerful tablet like the new archos tablets coming soon.

for the price you can just wait till better tablets come out. Add 50 bucks to the price and you can get a ipad1 which is superior or a way more powerful tablet like the new archos tablets coming soon.

Meh, dont really want an iPad. Sort of tired of iOS & nothing about iOS wow'd me. Honnestly if i wasnt a team poor member i'd get an hp touchpad. And I learned my lesson with the Gen8 devices in terms of dealing with Archos and their products. More than likely those new Gen9s will be pushed back like the current 43, 70 & 101 were & then wheb their finally released there'll be a bunch of software issues smh.

I've read that the G-Tablet is a bit on the heavy side and the screen on the nook is better. The only thing the G-Tab has really us the Tegra 2 but the nook seems to have a lot more developer support and supposeldy is comparable in speed to the G-Tab once the cpu is overclocked.

Meh, dont really want an iPad. Sort of tired of iOS & nothing about iOS wow'd me. Honnestly if i wasnt a team poor member i'd get an hp touchpad. And I learned my lesson with the Gen8 devices in terms of dealing with Archos and their products. More than likely those new Gen9s will be pushed back like the current 43, 70 & 101 were & then wheb their finally released there'll be a bunch of software issues smh.

I've read that the G-Tablet is a bit on the heavy side and the screen on the nook is better. The only thing the G-Tab has really us the Tegra 2 but the nook seems to have a lot more developer support and supposeldy is comparable in speed to the G-Tab once the cpu is overclocked.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I have one that i rotted, i love it. I have to re root it though, because the wifi isnt working anymore, so there are some bugs. Roms are easy to install, just watch youtube videos.

It's quick to navigate the internet, flash,  most things. Don't like the speaker on it, my phone's louder.

Battery life is decent.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I have one that i rotted, i love it. I have to re root it though, because the wifi isnt working anymore, so there are some bugs. Roms are easy to install, just watch youtube videos.

It's quick to navigate the internet, flash,  most things. Don't like the speaker on it, my phone's louder.

Battery life is decent.

and such is mine
hooked it up serious
can even watch netflix and hulu no problem

got rooted and tablet on a dualboot

and speaker volume is an easy fix

for the price it isnt bad cause of it potential
just finished reading a book starting another

and such is mine
hooked it up serious
can even watch netflix and hulu no problem

got rooted and tablet on a dualboot

and speaker volume is an easy fix

for the price it isnt bad cause of it potential
just finished reading a book starting another

Back
Top Bottom