Anyone Remember Bloods & Crips?

Spinoff from the Nardwuar Schoolboy Q interview 

The Bloods & Crips project was organized by producer Ronnie Phillips, rappers Redrum 781 and Tweedy Bird Loc.  Actual gang members, Crips from ComptonWatts  and Long Beach, Bloods from Inglewood  and Los Angeles  auditioned for the group and the best ones were chosen for the album.  In 1993 the Bloods & Crips released their debut album entitled Bangin' on Wax  for Warlock Records. One year later, the groups second and final studio album, Bangin' on Wax 2... The Saga Continues  was released. After Bangin' on Wax 2, the Bloods & Crips parted ways, with the Bloods becoming the Damu Ridas  and the Crips became the Nationwide Rip Ridaz.

The idea behind the albums was to get the gang members to bang (slang for fight) on wax (i.e., record) and not in the streets. Each record consisted of a "B" side and a "C" side. The B side consisted of Bloods and the C side consisted of Crips. The songs "Bangin On Wax", "G's & Loc's" and "I Wish You Were Here" were the only songs where the Bloods & Crips rapped together in the original albums. Most of the songs were written and recorded in the same studio session.

These dudes were on tracks together dissing each other. Imagine a group like this in 2014?

Some notable tracks

Seems like Majority of them have passed

Bloods
B-Brazy (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased.
Big Hawk (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.
Bloody Mary (Fruit Town Piru Gang) - Deceased.
Lil' Laniak 2 (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased.
O.G Mad Eye (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.
Peanut 2 aka KP (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased.
Pimp D (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.
Spyder aka S.P. (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.
Tip Toe (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.

Crips
AWOL (Kelly Park Compton Crips) - Deceased.
Big Freeze (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Deceased.
Crip Inch (Kelly Park Compton Crips) - Deceased.
Fo' Clips Eclipse (Kelly Park Compton Crips) - Deceased.
Koollay (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Deceased.
Mac-11 (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Deceased.

Only liked Piru Love, and that was because of the Computer Love sample

Mediocre and bad rappers

They made a few Bangin On Wax.

I had no idea that many of them passed.

This was when gangbanging in LA was legit and at its peak!

Off Topic (kinda) but I was shocked when I found out about how many cast members from Boyz N The Hood have passed.

The dude who killed Ricky went to jail for murder and then got killed in jail.

Definitely a time capsule

Remember listening to this back in the day and thought it was a fresh concept

The vids added a whole nother layer 

:lol: man i was thinkin bout bloods and crips the other day...the concept was dope i remember the peace treaty

I remember when I first saw this in the stores, not knowing if these were real gang members rapping or just rappers rapping as gang members :lol:

Off Topic (kinda) but I was shocked when I found out about how many cast members from Boyz N The Hood have passed.

The dude who killed Ricky went to jail for murder and then got killed in jail.

Yeah he also joined my old hood in the J's and became a real life Blood!

Dude went from living in Beverly Hills to really banging in the J's, smh

Feeling that eyes wide shut avy [emoji]128076[/emoji]

Last edited:
Seems like the Crips won at the end of the day :frown:
Damu Ridas
Members[edit]

B-Brazy (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased. Was killed by a Mexican gang.[1]
Peanut 2 aka KP (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased. Has been killed by a gang. His brother O.G Peanut has also been killed.[citation needed]
Lil' Laniak 2 (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Deceased. While he was with his kid, Laniak 2 was shot and killed by a Piru gang, the Campanella Park Pirus.[citation needed] His brother Big Laniak and his friends Kricket, Coco and Molintha were set up and killed in a drug deal. G-Len made a tribute to the Big Laniak in the song "For The Money" from his album Woop Woop.
Tip Toe (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased. Tip Toe was a respected member of the 104th Street CMG. He was killed by a Piru gang, the Neighborhood Piru.
Pimp D (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Alive.[citation needed] Pimp D and Tip Toe had a similar voice, but they are not the same person. Confirmed by fellow Bloods & Crips member redruM781 to be alive, not deceased as he was long thought to be.
Spyder aka S.P. (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased. Spyder, his real name Billy Hill, was another respected member of the 104th Street CMG. He was killed by a gang in 2000.[citation needed]
O.G Mad Eye (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased. Mad Eye was one of the oldest Damu Ridas and was a respected O.G of the Crenshaw Mafia Gang. Big Mad Eye had only one brother, Lil' Mad Eye. They both had been killed.[citation needed]
Lil' Hawk (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Lil' Hawk is currently serving a 25 to life sentence. His little brother Tiny Hawk is also in jail. His brother Baby Hawk who appeared in the documentary Slob 187 Crab 187 was shot and killed at Pop Warner Game. His other brother Big Hawk is dead.[citation needed]
Additional Members[edit]

Batman aka Evil Bat (Mad Swans Bloods) - Alive. Confirmed by fellow Bloods & Crips member redruM781 to be in Prison, not deceased as he was long thought to be.
Big Hawk (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Deceased.
Big Wy aka Red Rag (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Alive. Big Wy is still rapping.
Bloody Mary (Avenue Piru Gang) - Deceased. Died in a motorcycle accident.
Dock-B (Inglewood Family Gangster Bloods) - Alive
Dogg aka Suga Buga (Weirdos Bloods)- Alive
Eightball (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Alive.
G-Len aka O.G. Len (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Alive. In 1995, G-Len made a solo album named Woop Woop.
Green Eyez (Inglewood Family Gang) - Alive. He made a solo album.
June Dawg (L.A Denver Lane Bloods) - Alive. June Dawg is still rapping.
K-Low (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Unknown
Lil' G.Bone (Crenshaw Mafia Gang) - Lock up G.Bone is from the 104th Street CMG.
Lil' Leak aka CK (Avenue Piru Gang) - Alive. Leak is the little brother of RedRum.
Lil' Stretch (Bounty Hunter Bloods) - Alive. Stretch now owns a motorcycle store.
O.G. (Unknown) - Unknown
Pops (Weirdo bloods - Alive
RedRum 781 (Avenue Piru Gang) - Alive
T.Kayduse (Mafia Lanes) - Unknown.
Yank (Bounty Hunter Bloods) - Unknown
cK-Let aka Dosia B (Crenshaw Mafia)-Alive

National Rip Ridas

AWOL (Kelly Park Compton Crips) - Deceased.
B.G. Scarface (Atlantic Drive Compton Crips) - B.G. Scarface died in Spokane, Washington on 2 October 2012.
Baby Half Dead (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Alive.
Half Dead (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Deceased.
Big Freeze (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Big Freeze was killed 25 December 1999.
Broncoe (Fudge Town Mafia Crips) - Alive.
Cixx Pac (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Alive.
Duv Mac (Long Beach Insane Crips) - Alive.
G-Bone (Atlantic Drive Compton Crips) - Alive.
Keystone (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Alive.
Koollay (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Alive.
Mac-11 (Watts Franklin Square Crips) - Deceased.
Sin Loc - Alive.
Twin Loc aka G-Cell, O.G. Cell-E-Cell (Avalon Gangsta Crips) - Was killed in 2011.
Troll Loc - Alive

The girl in that Steady Dippin vid is cute as ****
laugh.gif
Her twitter https://twitter.com/Miss_Cnote

I remember hearing Piru Love :smile:smokin :smokin :smokin) a lot when I was younger but never knew that whole story behind the group and album, good looks OP

Back
Top Bottom