Anyone Remember HOVkid? Current status....

What’s up all? Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to be on here a lot back in the day (2001-2010 era).

By way of background, I’m 44 years old, live in NY and am a lawyer. Got two kids now - my daughter is 10 and my son is 8.

Anyway, I was recently offered a new job and have some down time transitioning out of my existing one. I guess the time made me think of NT and I’ve been lurking the last month or so. Figured I’d show you guys what ends up happening with this idiotic love of sneakers.

I never meant to be a “collector”. Frankly I don’t like the term. I was in 8th grade when the Jordan III came out. My parents would never buy them for me. I swore one day when I got a job I was going to buy anything and everything I like. I wear as often as I can, but with work it’s hard.

Anyway......

3208C26F-5AF7-4077-8375-BADE75D5D7A0.jpeg
2A6E96C8-C150-46CC-A191-CA872F170C55.jpeg
B8C245E3-C97C-48BE-92CF-5AAC13910229.jpeg
AD703A6E-7880-4C00-8949-963266DECB0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Set up looks real nice, I love when people post collection and storage pics.

It's funny this whole new trend of buying the clear boxes. It's cool looking, dope to show the shoes. I can't imagine tossing the boxes the shoes came with AND spending more money on shoes that are already overpriced.

Dope post though

hovkid hovkid dope pictures my G and I remember you. :pimp:

Like the neat organized setup, when you finishing that basement though? :lol:

:pimp:

Remember you too and remember you wifed up a girl that has her stuff together and makes good money.

:pimp:

hovkid hovkid dope pictures my G and I remember you. :pimp:

Like the neat organized setup, when you finishing that basement though? :lol:

Ha ha ha. That’s the back part of the basement where the water heater, etc are and we left that part unfinished. It’s where my wife makes me keep them.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Ok, since people are actually looking at the thread, I have to ask - has anyone else ever seen these anywhere? I’ve never seen anyone post them or anything about them.

As a hardcore Gran Trurismo 1 and 2 player, I was elated when I walked into Niketown on 57th and saw these.

0EEDD4DB-B301-43A8-8105-7C2F1AA74CFA.jpeg

0525BE94-5EF3-495C-82A3-6B0E1B752671.jpeg
A7E3919E-5BA7-4374-9C98-6AF52EA451C5.jpeg
819F6617-EDB1-4725-B627-9CCBD1D42C57.jpeg
5A41C1B8-54AC-4426-94C4-9844153B81D4.jpeg

hovkid hovkid That's a dope package there. Most likely underappreciated in today's hyped up trash.

Nike was pushing 'Total 90' soccer footwear/merchandise at that time. Those are the Shox Secutor which were some type of soccer trainer/lifestyle shoe - sole might've worked on astroturf but not entirely sure. Not really the best driving shoes though vs. the Puma joints that were hot around that time. :lol:

Nice, do you work civil or crim cases?

I’m not a litigator. I’m a corporate/transactional lawyer. After law school I went into one of the big firms and specialized in M&A and securities law...basically representing investors in:

- buying and selling companies (by this I mean negotiating the actual contracts under which companies are bought and sold, the contracts for taking on debt, or for issuing equity); and
- handling public reporting with the SEC for certain companies.

I’ve never stepped foot in a courtroom in my life. Ha ha. Actually, I was at the US Suprreme Court once for oral argument. Sandra Day O’Connor invited me to attend. I swear. I was interning at the Federal Judicial Cemter for my last semester of college and I met her. Wrote her a letter about how much I appreciated the time, my plan to go to law school, etc. She freaking wrote me back inviting me in a signed letter! I still have that thing on the wall framed in my office.

Ok. That was probably too much info but I always tried to help inspire folks on here. Love the NT brethren. It’s foolish, but I spent many a night on here back in the day. Some even wrote that they went to law school cause of me.

Back
Top Bottom