Anyone remember MIKE23 brand? Sent Cease & Desist by Nike/JB *interesting read*

that couch is
pimp.gif

I have no issue with the dude trying to make some different looking stuff and make a living but he can't do it riding another companys coat tails. If I owned a company and some one was infringing you bet your @#% I would do what I could to make them stop. He didn't do all the investment and work to make the company what it is he is just capitalizing on it.

not sure why Nike/JB would go so hard after Mike23 back then, and let Air Randy, marqueesole, and the other overseas early release sites stick around today. i mean, what do you guys see as a bigger threat? I guess it's 'tougher' for them to sell apparel compared to shoes (they know shoe releases will ALWAYS sell out on RD). Idk, id really like to see someone get down to the bottom of that, or find out Nike's disposition on it. As far as Mike23 i never had the pleasure of owning anything but i feel for both sides. Nike shouldn't get so butt hurt about the little guy, and Mike23 shouldn't have borderline ripped Nike off. 
EDIT: by this i simply mean early release sites don't technically cut into their profits(not in any way i can really think of), because they can't change the fact that all the legit A-grade pairs given to Nike accounts will sell out no matter what. 

Back
Top Bottom